Search for content in message boards

Williams Family, Hemmingford

Williams Family, Hemmingford

Jan MacDonald (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2003 11:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching Williams family of Williams Road, Hemmingford. Cannot get past my great grandfather William Williams, married to Elizabeth Orr. William died in 1922 & Elizabeth in 1905 . Their 4th child was my grandfather James who was born in 1876-1964. James was born in his grandfathers log cabin(later moved & used as boy scout hall) on the lower Williams Rd. I have been unable to find church records or census records for this person & his wife. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jan

Re: Williams Family, Hemmingford

Posted: 19 Nov 2004 5:35AM GMT
Jan,

Just came across your query.I don't suppose you have any info on the Elizabeth ORR mentioned m to William Williams.My Grandfather(Fred E.Orr)'s cousin Hugh Orr married Margaret Williams.Just wondering if there is a connection there.

Annie

Jan MacDonald (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2004 12:24PM GMT
No, I am still pursuing William & Elizabeth trying to find out Which Orr family Elizebeth came from. Have you researched Chateauguay parish records on line or the Hemmingford cemetary listings. They have a lot of information. As I am still trying to get William's father one of the earliest settlers there I have not had a chance to do the Orrs yet. If you do come across anything I would appreciate any information. I will also do some checking for you.

annie (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2004 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: Orr,CAmeron,Williams.wood,english
jan,

I've done alot of research on the Orr.There are a few families down there.My grandfather being part of one and his cousin being part of the same/other.Will keep posted as you said you'd do the same.Am planning on writhing to my cousin Margaret about her Williams line so maybe she has something I can pass on.
Annie

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2004 1:47PM GMT
Thanks Annie, I am going to Huntingdon in the spring to research land records of the several parcels of land that the Williams & Woods families owned. Woods is the other side of the family. Who knows what I will find Jan

AnnieRoy (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2004 3:36PM GMT
Jan,
Ooch,my head is starting to hurt.I have Wood(s)in my line as well!!!!!
Annie

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2004 4:54PM GMT
Great great grandfather was Robert Wood, born in IIreland circa 1809, his wife was Jane Morrison born Ireland circa 1813, their son William Wood was my great grandfather borm & died In H'ford at around 35 years of age , he married Mary Napper and had three daughters, Alice Laura & Annie. My grandmother was Alice, married to James Williams. Laura & Annie both married men by the name of Smith.

AnnieRoy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2004 5:26PM GMT
Jan,

Do you know if Robert had a brother named Francis?Please email me at gizmo_aofs_1121@hotmail.com.THanks.

Posted: 12 Aug 2007 2:06PM GMT
I am researching my WOOD(s)family. Anthony Woods born c 1822 in Ireland. They immigrated c1843 to Godmanchester Twsp. Huntingdon, Que area, he was married to Margaret IRWIN/ERWIN, they had 10 children.
I wonder if your Robert and Anthony might be related?
Linda

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 9:48PM GMT
Do you know if you have a Lena Wood in your midst?She would be my great grandma married to William Orr.

Annie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic