Search for content in message boards

Need Help with Family Tree Maker 2012

Need Help with Family Tree Maker 2012

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 3:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
In July i paid 40.00 to purchase family tree maker 2012. Recently my computer went on the fritz and now i have to get a new one or have this one wiped. I got FTM 2012 via download so i have no cd How can i reinstall this once i get my new computer i do not want to buy it again.

Re: Need Help with Family Tree Maker 2012

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 12:00PM GMT
Now don't hold me to this - but historically when I download/purchase a game/program online, I am e-mailed a 'code' that confirms my purchase or that has to be entered on the primary site to download. Being a pack-rat I either save the mail on my e-mail site or print it out as a receipt.

You *may* be able to enter that code to redownload or if not and you can find that e-mail or printed receipt try calling the cust support whereever you bought it and ask how to proceed.

Good Luck!

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 1:51PM GMT
I'm with Berta here. I also save the original downloaded file locally and then back it up externally.

Good Luck!

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 2:07PM GMT
I've never purchased this program via download, but when I have for other programs, it is normally some kind of a zip file downloaded to a folder called "download". If that file was crucified when your hard drive got zapped, I would call 1-800-262-3787. They've been very helpful to me in the past.

Let us know what they say.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions