Search for content in message boards

James Cole

James Cole

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 11:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know for sure the death date of James Cole? Married to Mary Tibbs? Millennium file says 1688, Find a grave says 1692 and Family data collection says 1678.

Re: James Cole

Posted: 16 Apr 2013 8:38PM GMT
Hi - I have After Oct 1688 in Plymouth, MA when he sold his land to his son. I don't know if there is a correct date anywhere. Contact the New England Historical and Genealogical Society because they did some genealogical research on him and his family. I also have a tree on ancestry.com - Mary Avery Collins. It also probably has a wrong date. The Cole family name existed in my line until 1959 when my Grandpa Cole died. He was the last named Cole in this line. I can be contact directly at marymac@comporium.net. Mary

Re: James Cole

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 11:49PM GMT
Surnames: Cole
His exact death date is not known. The last mention of him in any known record was in 1678 in a deed of land to him from Thomas Doty. But as late as March 1680, his son James was referred to as James Cole, Jr., which suggests that the father was still alive then. In 1684, the younger James was no longer referred to as Jr. James Cole, the emigrant head of the Plymouth Cole family, probably died between 1678 and 1684.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions