Search for content in message boards

SARAH ELIZABETH BROOKS

SARAH ELIZABETH BROOKS

Diane Jordan Jones (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2000 7:54AM GMT
Trying to determine the names of the parents of Sarah Elizabeth BROOkS, married Martin Stephen BATES, Spaulding, Georgia. I have been told that her father's name was Thomas and her mother was Mary maiden name BROOKS.

Sarah Brooks

Betty Martin (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2000 5:24PM GMT
Do you have date or place of birth for your Sarah Brooks?

Sarah Brooks

Michelle Brooks (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2000 1:15PM GMT
I have a Sarah Brooks that is on my husbands side and I don't know if this will help you. Sarah Eunice Brooks B:01/19/1908 in Conova, SD. Married: Chester R. Hoffman.

SARAH BROOKS

Posted: 4 May 2000 7:18AM GMT
Sarah was born sometime @ late 1850's. She died in June 1937, and was @ 83 years old. I do not have an exact date of birth.

SARAH BROOKS

Posted: 4 May 2000 7:19AM GMT
Left off my correct email address.

SARAH BROOKS

Posted: 4 May 2000 7:21AM GMT
My Sarah Brooks was Sarah Elizabeth Brooks and was born probalby in Spaulding, Ga.

SARAH BROOKS

Posted: 4 May 2000 7:21AM GMT
My Sarah Brooks was Sarah Elizabeth Brooks and was born probalby in Spaulding, Ga.

Re: SARAH ELIZABETH BROOKS

Heather Deese (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2001 3:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
It has been over a year since you posted your query, and you probably have already found the information that you need. However, I did run across a Sarah F. Brooks, age 7, listed in the Spalding County 1860 Census on Page 230 (available on-line at the Spalding Co. GenWeb Site). She is listed with her mother Miriam (name is similar to Mary). A Thomas Brooks, age 68 is listed on Page 229, and so Miriam is probably his daughter-in-law. I also found the will of this Thomas Brooks dated 1869 in Spalding County, and the will mentioned sons Thomas J. (pg 191-Spalding Co. 1860?), William J. (Pg. 229-Spalding Co. 1860?), N.P. (who was executor of Thomas 's estate and was thus alive at the time of his death), and Francis M. Also mentioned daughters Elizabeth T. Brooks, Mrs. Mary Williams and Lucy Stephens. I suppose Miriam could be the widow of Francis M., or another son who was not mentioned in the will. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know what I found in case you're still looking.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic