Search for content in message boards

Mooney's from Pittsburgh

Mooney's from Pittsburgh

Posted: 4 Dec 2001 9:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Feb 2003 7:41PM GMT
Looking for info on the marriage of a Jack Mooney to a Louise D. Gross and their descendants. Marriage would have been in the 1940's (?) They may have moved to Maryland at some point.

Re: Mooney's from Pittsburgh

Posted: 9 Dec 2001 9:33PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2002 8:53AM GMT
Looking for Mooney 's in Pittsburgh.

catherine (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2002 2:05AM GMT
RCBW: My grandmothers sister, Julia Mullen was married to a Joseph Mooney. They lived in Pittsburgh, PA Julia died 1941 but I don't know what happened to Joseph, I haven't got that far.

Posted: 12 Jan 2002 12:30AM GMT
I am looking for the family of Martin J Mooney 1870 Married Grace Dowd. Parents of Martin, Michael and Elizabeth. Elizabeth was from Ireland. Children of Martin J. were Elizabeth 1903, Anna Grace 1906, Martin Joseph 1907, Maried 1914, Kathryn 1918, and Margaret 1918, Lived and born in Pittsburgh. Children of Michael and Elizabeth were
Mary abt 1871, Martin 1872, Annie 1878.
If there is any link , please let me know. Thanks.

Catherine (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2002 4:36AM GMT
RCBW: I am not sure if we connect or not, the information I have is from a death notice of Julia Mullen Mooney, wife of Joseph Mooney of 59 Dilworth St,. Wm Slater & Sons Virginia Ave & Kearesarg St. Mass at St Justin Julia died June 15, 1941. Julia was my grandmothers sister, she was born 1903, not confiirmed year from my mother. I haven't researched this branch of family yet, don't know if there were children.

Posted: 17 Jan 2002 12:59AM GMT
Probably don't link. I reach dead ends. The Mooney family that I am researching is Martin Joseph Mooney born 1907 and his father of the same name. They lived in Pittsburgh on Fairacres Avenue. Don't know a wifes name only the Sr. Mooney's was Grace Dowd. Maybe someone out there will be able to help us.

Rita (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2002 10:41PM GMT
I have in my line a Martin Albinus?? Mooney born sometime between 1848 and 1854. Don't have any info on marriage or children tho. His family lived in the Carbondale, PA area. Father: Bartholomew Mooney
Mother: Ellen Brennan
They were married in 1845 and they had 12 children, my great grandmother Sarah Ann being one of them, Martin being her brother.
Does this help you any?

sihrman (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2004 4:11PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
There are many Mooneys at
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~njm1/tombs.htm
help/researchers at http://www.wpgs.org/ & also their "Western Pa. Genealogical Society Quarterly"
maybe try http://digital.library.pitt.edu/pittsburgh/ & site map & full text search
"Pittsburgh During the American Civil War 1860-1865 by Arthur B. Fox
pg. 84 "Pittsburgh Shipbuilders
pg. 86...When the Manayunk launched on Dec. 18, 1864...
pg. 87...Shortly after the storm set in...several workers were injured during the storm; James Mooney, No. 9 Scott Street, was struck in the forehead by something that inflicted a severe wound. His right leg was also badly injured. Mooney was reported as a single 80-year old, & the only support of his mother!.." not my family

Re: Mooneys from Pittsburgh

Posted: 30 Mar 2007 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Mooney & Dowd
Martin J Mooney, my grandfather, Martin J Mooney, my uncle, & the Beechview Mooneys

Greetings from the 'BurgH. I am very familiar with whom you are looking for. Martin J Mooney was my grandfather, borne here. My mother, Margaret, at 88, is the youngest of the "Beechview Mooneys" (1711 Fairacres Ave) & unfortunately, the last. For as many times as we visited Beechview, I know that section of the City as well as I know my own.

I have more on both the Mooneys & the Dowds. Martin J did marry my grandmother, Grace Dowd, in 1899. Their only son who lived into adulthood would be my Uncle Mart who married Mary Agnes. Grandpaw Mooney was borne here in Pittsburgh, with both of his parents, Michael Mooney & Elizabeth Roach, coming from Ireland, separately. Eliza (shown both ways) died very early at 35 in 1885, while Michael died a widower in 1921 at 71.

On the other side, at the age of 7, my grandmother, Grace A. Dowd came with her parents, Charles Dowd & Ann (McGonigle) Dowd & her 2 brothers, John & Rodger, from Randallstown, County Antrim, on the State of Indiana, Sept 19, 1884. See http://www.castlegarden.org for the 5 of them. The Dowds & the Mooneys are buried here in either St Marys in the Lawrenceville section or Calvary Cemetary in the Hazelwood section of Pittsburgh. Just out of curiousity, how are you related or why are you researching them?

Re: Mooneys from Pittsburgh

Posted: 30 Mar 2007 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Mooney & Dowd
Martin J Mooney, my grandfather, Martin J Mooney, my uncle, & the Beechview Mooneys

Greetings from the 'BurgH. I am very familiar with whom you are looking for. Martin J Mooney was my grandfather, borne here. My mother, Margaret, at 88, is the youngest of the "Beechview Mooneys" (1711 Fairacres Ave) & unfortunately, the last. For as many times as we visited Beechview, I know that section of the City as well as I know my own.

I have more on both the Mooneys & the Dowds. Martin J did marry my grandmother, Grace Dowd, in 1899. Their only son who lived into adulthood would be my Uncle Mart who married Mary Agnes. Grandpaw Mooney was borne here in Pittsburgh, with both of his parents, Michael Mooney & Elizabeth Roach, coming from Ireland, separately. Eliza (shown both ways) died very early at 35 in 1885, while Michael died a widower in 1921 at 71.

On the other side, at the age of 7, my grandmother, Grace A. Dowd came with her parents, Charles Dowd & Ann (McGonigle) Dowd & her 2 brothers, John & Rodger, from Randallstown, County Antrim, on the State of Indiana, Sept 19, 1884. See http://www.castlegarden.org for the 5 of them. The Dowds & the Mooneys are buried here in either St Marys in the Lawrenceville section or Calvary Cemetary in the Hazelwood section of Pittsburgh. Just out of curiousity, how are you related or why are you researching them?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions