Search for content in message boards

Pederson, Ringsrud, Andersen

Pederson, Ringsrud, Andersen

Posted: 17 Jan 2012 5:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pederson, Ringsrud, Andersen, Johansson
Looking for information on:

1) Johan Martin Pederson born 25 Aug 1846 in Ringsrud (Farm), Tune (Sarpsborg), Norway. Died in Norway, date unknown. Married Emilie Andersen and Audrine Gundersen.

2) Emilie Andersen. Died sometime between 1872-1877. Married to Johan Martin Pederson. Had one son that I know of, Petter Marius Johansen Ringsrud.

3) Petter Marius Johansen Ringsrud born 26 Oct 1872 in Ringsrud (Farm), Tune (Sarpsborg), Norway. Immigrated to the US about 1893. Changed name to Mike Odis Johnson. Died 28 Aug 1951. Married Grace Viola Symons.

4) Gunder Emil Johansen Ringsrud born 23 Sept 1878 in Ringsrud (Farm), Tune (Sarpsborg), Norway. Parents were Johan Martin Pederson and Audrine Gunderson. Died 22 Sept 1960.

5) Peder Markus Johansen Ringsrud born 28 Oct 1880 in Ringsrud (Farm), Tune (Sarpsborg), Norway. Parents were Johan Martin Pederson and Audrine Gunderson. Immigrated to the US around 1902. Married Anna. Died 14 July 1954 in Minnesota, USA.

6) Karl Edward Johansen Ringsrud born 27 Sept 1883 in Ringsrud (Farm), Tune (Sarpsborg), Norway. Parents were Johan Martin Pederson and Audrine Gunderson. Married Karoline Kristiansen. Date of death unknown.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Pederson, Ringsrud, Andersen

Posted: 17 Jan 2012 12:13PM GMT
Deaths would be recorded in the parish church records where they resided at the time.

The Digitalarkivet web site has been adding scanned images of the original Norwegian parish church records for anyone with Internet access since November 2005.

The Digitalarkivet web site - http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebFront.exe?slag=vis&a...
An English option is available by clicking on that word from either the left hand column or the blue link bar along the bottom of the homepage.
The scanned images are available from the homepage link "Skanna kyrkjebøker" [Norwegian version]/"Digitised parish records" [English version] which is listed along the left hand column and from the blue banner of links along the top section of the homepage.
Clicking on "Skanna kyrkjebøker" [Norwegian version]/"Digitised parish records" [English version] will bring up another screen and listing to choose from. Choose "Lesa skanna kyrkjebøker" [Norwegian version]/"Read the digitised parish records" [English version].
After you've clicked on that link and a new main page has presented on the screen be sure and read the instructions that are available from the Digitalarkivet for navigating the scanned records. The instructions are available in Bokmål (official Norwegian), Nyorsk (Norwegian), Davvisámegiella (Saami), and English.
Recommended basic reading are the "Startsiden" [Norwegian version]/"Main page" [English version], "Brukerveiledning" [Norwegian version]/"User's guide" [English version] and "Om tjenesten" [Norwegian version]/"About this service" [English version].

Good information about translating the formats of Norwegian parish church records during various time periods, many of the basic terms used and understanding how to use the information should be studied at this web site -
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/na20.html

Posted: 17 Jan 2012 1:33PM GMT
It is more likely that the family is associated with a small farm place known as Ringsrød -- a subsection of the older, larger Ryen vestre farm in Tune.

That appears to be where Johan Marthin was born in Aug 1846.
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=453&id...

The 1865 Norwegian census lists the family living on Ryen vestre and does not specify subfarm name -
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbas...

That is where the family was living at the time of the birth of Peder Marius in Oct 1872.
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=460&id...

Gunder J. Ringsrød was listed in the tax list of 1950 under the Ryen vestre farm.
http://www.dokpro.uio.no/cgi-bin/stad/matr50

'Ringsrud' could be a misreading of that farm name.

Posted: 20 May 2012 6:50AM GMT
I have detailed information on the family history (back to about 1620) on Johan Martin Pederson (born August 25, 1843 in Tune Norway) who is the the father of Peder Markus Johansen Ringsrud (born October 28, 1880 in Tune/Sarpsborg Norway). Peder Markus Johansen Ringsrud married Anna Berntsen also from Sarpsborg. They immigrated to Minneapolis Minnesota in the the 1890's. Peder and Anna are my Great-Grand Parents.

Posted: 20 May 2012 11:21PM GMT
It seems we have a great-great-grandfather in common in Johan Martin Pederson. My great-grandfather was Petter Marius Johansen Ringsrud, Peter Markus's brother. He immigrated to Idaho and changed his name to Mike Otis Johnson. I can't tell you how much I would love to know more about this branch of our family tree. If you would like, you can direct message me on this site or my email address is: codylin28@msn.com.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 3:16AM GMT
We have a marriage certificate hanging in our diningroom of Peder Ringsrud and Anna Benson, May 6th, 1905. Could this belong to them? I found it in a South Minneapolis alley on a very rainy night.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 1:30PM GMT
Yes! According to my records:

Peder Ringsrud was born Oct 28, 1880 in Tune, Norway. He immigrated to the US in 1902. Died July 14, 1954. Last known address was 3515 16th Ave, South Minneapolis, MN.

Anna Berntsen (Changed to Benson at the time of immigration) was born Nov 23, 1878 in Norway. Immigrated to the US in 1902 or 1904 and died May 25, 1969.

The two were married in Minneapolis on May 6, 1905.

Peder was my great-great uncle. I would love to have a copy of the marriage certificate.

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 2:55AM GMT
Please post a way to contact you and we will send it to you. As I stated earlier, I found it in the rain so there is a little water damage, but only on the edges. It's actually a very beautiful document, approximately 12"x18", and extremely fragile!I also found another picture along with the certificate. It is a charcoal/pencil drawing of a middle-aged couple. Take a look and let me know if they are your relatives. I found them behind 3515 16th Ave South when our new neighbors moved in!
Attachments:

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 3:09AM GMT
Here is a picture of the couple. Do you know them?
Attachments:

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 1:54AM GMT
That is so wonderful of you! My contact information is as follows:

Cody Batten
290 Murphy Creek Road
Weston, WV 26542

email: codylin28@msn.com

I am unsure about the drawing. The individuals certainly look Norweigian and the style of both the drawing and the content bear a resmeblance to a charcoal that I have of Peter's brother.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions