Search for content in message boards

Plugins...how to attach?

Plugins...how to attach?

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 10:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to make Adobe Acrobat Reader a plugin for FTM2012. I understand that it can be done, but darned if I can find out how. FTM's Help just refers you to the "plugin manufacturer" for instructions how to do it. Grateful for your input.

Re: Plugins...how to attach?

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 3:38PM GMT
Since there is NO plugin to do this, it can not be done.

If you are a very good programmer, you may be able to program the code to make such a plugin.

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 4:34PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2013 7:45PM GMT
Out of curiosity, why do this?

PDF files open immediately upon double clicking from within FTM by Acrobat Reader with no problems.

Why fix what is not broken?

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 4:42PM GMT
As others said no simple way to do this in FTM2012. FTM Mac 2 does treat PDF files as regular media, where you get a thumbnail & can open the PDF directly in the program - but currently Windows doesn't do that, you double-click to launch in an external program.

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 10:22PM GMT
Thanks for your responses, and thank you Sean for referencing the Mac. Possibly that is what some users were talking about on the internet, but not identifying their operating system.

And yes, I wanted pdf files to open up within FTM rather than have a popup. Just a personal preference. cheers.

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 4:06PM GMT
"I wanted pdf files to open up within FTM rather than have a popup."

Have you tried setting Acrobat Reader's (or Foxit if you use that) preferences to "open in browser"?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic