Search for content in message boards

Relationship Calculator AGAIN

Relationship Calculator AGAIN

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 2:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Our "friends" at corporate have been playing again.

My grandparents are 3rd cousins. As recently as December 12, 2012, I was able to print a copy of their relationship chart, showing that relationship.

As of this morning, February 23, 2013, that relationship no longer appears.

Tried all the usual switching, closing and re-opening - it's just not there anymore.

Now I get only that they are husband and wife, plus the "silly" relationships - nephew of wife of 1st cousin, brother-in-law of 1st cousin 1x removed, brother-in-law of sister of 1st cousin 1x removed (twice).

Why do they keep breaking things and not fixing the ones that are broken?

I wonder if this is connected to the new "mess" they made with the relationship calculator on the online tree.
Attachments:

Re: Relationship Calculator AGAIN

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 4:10PM GMT
Do the parents of each marriage partner show the relationship you are expecting?

I have found some cousins who married who didn't show the relationship to each other, but their parents showed the appropriate relationship. It almost seems like the marriage "canceled" their cousin relationship.

I have seen this behavior happen some of the time, but not consistently.

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 4:23PM GMT
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, both great grandparents correctly reflect their respective status as great grandchild of my 4th GGF. And, if I run my own relationship, it correctly shows that I am a 4th great grandchild through 2 different lines.

As I say, it worked perfectly fine less than 60 days ago, but it is broken now.

I've made no changes to the individuals in those lines.

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 3:48AM GMT
Silverfox -

As we were both responding on the other thread about the relationship calculator, I revisited my own FTM tree, for verification of my answer.

I promise you - cross my heart - I have made NO changes on my direct or collateral lines since our earlier exchange.

Tonight, FTM can once again see [I have many bad puns to hand, but I will restrain myself] the 3rd cousin relationship of my grandparents.

In the meantime (!) it has also found additional relationships! Previously, it found 6 - now it finds 9!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic