Search for content in message boards

location of glashealy graveyard in kildare ?

location of glashealy graveyard in kildare ?

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 4:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2006 12:01PM GMT
Surnames: ryan
anyone know of the location of glashealy (unsure of spelling) graveyard in kildare please ? possibly near narraghmore ... ancestor john 'jack' ryan buried there apparently ...

Re: location of glashealy graveyard in kildare ?

moone n.s. (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2004 2:26PM GMT
Glassealy is an area between Moone, Ballitore and Kilmeade about 5-8 miles north-east of Athy

Posted: 11 Feb 2005 1:57PM GMT
I was interested in your description of where Glasealy was. I am looking for a Karen Kiernan who lived in that area not very long ago. I do not know her husband's name or more precise address. can you suggest a way I can find her present day address. How big is this Glassealy.? She is distantly related to me through her mother. Thats why I want to contact her.Thanks, Ana Squire.pjars@orcon.net.nz

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 2:35PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: ryan hickey wilkes
Failte, Update in case anybody is looking for this cemetery:

New Co kildare burial gounds survey published online at http://kildare.co
(URL address is correct, no typos).

Done a keyword search and ended up with GLASSELY in the parish of Narraghmore (right area for me). There is a link to a detailed may JPEG with locations of other local burial grounds.

The irish map co-ordinates are: 275940(E), 198470(N).

The Lat/Long (suitable for cut & paste into google maps or google earth) are:
53° 1'54.61"N 6°52'7.40"W

It doesnt look like much with the satelite view but when you go street view ... WOW ! Brilliant pictures for such a rural area ... thank you Google !

Incidentally, it is listed as 'closed' but I suspect that is for new graves as one of my distant relatives (Bridget Ryan) passed away and was buried there probably in an existing family plot/grave in late 2011.

There doesnt seem to be an index available to the burials ... unless somebody knows different ?

Definitely on my itinerary next time home ...

Enjoy if it something that you have been looking for !
Slainte, David.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic