Search for content in message boards

LOONEY, Absalom B.

LOONEY, Absalom B.

Posted: 4 Mar 2007 4:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LOONEY, EDDINGTON
John LOONEY & wife Lucinda EDDINGTON and most of their children left Franklin Co, AL for Smith Co, TX before 1860. The oldest son I.P. went to Stone Co, AR. But what about #2 son, Absalom B. LOONEY b 1/Sep/1832 TN? I have a note that says "buried in Soldiers Cemetery, Little Rock, AR", I don't have source of this note, and I have not found his grave. Is that note correct? Was he a Civil War death? Did he marry? Did he leave descendants?

Re: LOONEY, Absalom B.

Posted: 26 Jul 2009 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Looney
I know of an Absalom Looney born Oct. 17, 1822 in Ala and died Jan22, 1906 in Loving, TX. He was married to Elizabeth Hunt Donnegan. I believe she was called Martha. They had 10 children, I believe. One of their daughters married my husband's great-grandfather. Her name was Susan Caroline Looney. I am looking for her as she remarried after divorcing our relative. Absalom B Looney is buried in Graham, TX.
I will tell you his children's name if you are interested.

Posted: 26 Jul 2009 6:17AM GMT
With the aid of a family tree located on Ancestry.com I found information that indicates your Carolyn Looney married 1. James H. Brown 2. Willis L. Kilgore. There is a Texas Death Certificate for her in Harris County, TX that says she died July 22, 1951 in Houston, TX. Her father is shown to be Abner Looney and her mother as Martha Jane ??
Informat was Mrs. Joe W. Brown. Information shown on Death Certificates comes from individuals who are in a distressed state of mind so some information may be somewhat incorrect. Her burial was in Forest Park Cemetery, Houston.

Posted: 26 Jul 2009 1:13PM GMT
Thank you for the info. Susan Caroline Looney married William Franklin Brown, not James Brown. This is the one I was looking for. She was the mother of my husbands grandfather. Her 2 sons were Eugene and Joe Brown. After she divorced William Brown, we were not sure were she went. I will check on her death certificate and other info to make sure it is correct!
Thanks again,
Ann

Posted: 26 Jul 2009 6:04PM GMT
What family tree were you able to locate Susan Looney? Tell me how to get to that tree on ancestry.com.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Ann
Oh yes, Absalom Looney was her father, not Abner Looney.

Posted: 26 Jul 2009 8:16PM GMT
The tree is titled "Peter Moser 2" and the tree identifies her father Absalom Looney as having the middle name of "Jesse". The tree belongs to "pmoser6297" who lists Shasta Lake CA as their home. I messaged and asked them about the middle name Jesse, but do not have a response yet.

You might try doing a general search on the name "Absalom Jesse Looney" and see if it comes up under the family tree grouping.

Having seen the death certificate, I'm sure you will find that this is the same Susan Caroline Looney that you originally spoke of. Grandchildren, or wives of grandchildren as in this situation, frequently don't know the "real" given names of their grandparents. Mrs. Joe Brown gave the information on the death certificate.

Posted: 26 Jul 2009 10:11PM GMT
Thanks again for your help. A friend is a big genelogy researcher and I received a copy of Susan's death certificate from him. He also tells me that Forest Park has over 100,000 burials and is a private cemetery. Getting any information from them would be difficult.
I don't know the middle name of Absalom but will try and find out more, if I can.
Thanks,
Ann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions