Search for content in message boards

Cameron/Campbell/McDonald

Cameron/Campbell/McDonald

Loretta Gallie (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2003 2:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Angus Cameron b. May 2, 1866, son of Alex and Sara (Sally) Cameron. 11th of the 3rd concession of Kenyon. Angus married Marjory Campbell daughter of John Campbell and Janet McDonald, from the 26th of the 3rd conession. Marjory was raised by relatives in New York after her mother died. The McDonalds, were from the 21st of the 5th concession. Also, was told by Gordon Campbell in 1980 that he had a letter from John Campbell, a soldier in the US Army during the Civil war, the letter was dated 1965. Would appreciate any information on any of the above.

Re: Cameron/Campbell/McDonald

Helen Siyam (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2004 6:22AM GMT
Surnames: Cameron/Campbell/McDonald
Hi, Loretta,

I just found your inquiry dated January 2003 regarding Angus Cameron. You have probably already found what you needed, but just in case, here is what I have:

Angus Cameron, born May 26, 1866 in Greenfield, Glengarry, Ontario, Canada; died January 29, 1938 in Custer, Mason, Michigan. He was the son of . Alexander Cameron and Sarah McDonald. He married Margery (Marjory) Campbell July 04, 1892 in Ludington, Mason, Michigan. She was the daughter of John Alexander Campbell and Janet McDonell.

Notes for Angus Cameron:
Angus is the brother of Archie Cameron who was the Municipal Clerk for Kenyon for many years. Angus and Marjory had a large family. Two of their daughters went to Michigan, USA and one daughter lived at Lapeer, Michigan.

I hope this is helpful.

Sorry, I don't have the names or birthdates of any of their children.

--Helen

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 10:46PM GMT
Hi Helen:

I am related to the Campbell's and have information on them if you need some information. I also have been in contact with other people researching Angus and Margery.

Neil Macaulay

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 1:33AM GMT
I just found your response regarding Angus & Margery. They came to Ludington, Michigan and have quite a few descendants here. I would be interested to know who went to Lapeer, MI, we lived there before we moved to Ludington. I appreciate your information.

Loretta

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 1:35AM GMT
I would be interested in touching base with you regarding both the Campbells & Camerons. I have been researching them since 1980. We visited Alexandria and met a Campbell who worked in the cemetery at St. Finians.

Loretta

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 3:11PM GMT
Hi Loretta: There was a family reunion for the Cameron's in Ludington a few weeks ago. Were you there? I am mainly researching the Campbell's from Glengarry county, but do have some information on the Cameron's. If you are looking for information on the Cameron's - Kelly and Bob probably have more information.

Neil

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 3:16PM GMT
I did get the invitation to the reunion, but was not able to attend. We have though in prior years. I have gotten quite a bit of information and was able to go through the records at St. Finians. I am not sure who Kelly & Bob are.

Thank you for responding.

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 3:52PM GMT
Hi Loretta: If you would like to contact me my email address is macaulay@amtelecom.net and I will help you get in touch with these people. Neil

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 4:47PM GMT
My mother's grandfather was John A Campbell and I live just three miles from the Campbell farm.

Allan MacDonald

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 12:22AM GMT
Hi Allan: Thanks for responding! I have a few John A. Campbells in my tree. Which one are you referring to? I will also presume that you live three miles from Lot 25 conc 3 of Kenyon. It would be amazing if we are talking about the same families.

Neil Macaulay
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions