Search for content in message boards

St. Dominic's Catholic church/cemetery - DeLong

St. Dominic's Catholic church/cemetery - DeLong

Posted: 7 Aug 2006 12:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Is anyone familiar with the location of this church or cemetery in Noble Co. or thereabouts?

Re: St. Dominic's Catholic church/cemetery - DeLong

lois (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2006 8:33PM GMT
Name changed to St. Mary's. Church is in Temperanceville Somerset Tp. Belmont Co, western border. Cemetery is in Beaver Tp Noble Co about a mile or so west of church. DeLongs one of four families which started the church.

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2006 10:31PM GMT
Thanks, Lois, for the info on St. Dominic's. I've visited the St. Mary's cemetery that you mentioned, and I wondered if maybe that was originally the "St. Dominic's Catholic Cemetery" - but had nothing to confirm that. Thanks again.

Bruce Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2006 1:29AM GMT
I believe that this name is the early name for the St Mary's Catholic church Near Temperanceville in Beaver Twp of Noble County. There is still a cemetery there, but the church has been moved to Temperanceville, in Somerset Twp of Belmont county a mile or two down the road.
Bruce

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2006 2:10PM GMT
Thanks, Bruce, for the info. Now I can't wait to get back to Noble County again.

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: delong
I had the same question as i am looking for my gggggg gps graves. i have been searching for info for about a year and have found alot on the internet. so i was happy to see this question that i had. are there very many delongs buried there? thanks vicki
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions