Howells from Kentucky?

Howells from Kentucky?

RBull (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 10:46AM GMT
Please contact me.Trying to get info on Great grandparents from Bollingreen

Howell's of Bowling Green Warren County

Posted: 22 Jun 2000 6:35AM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2002 12:29AM GMT
My gparents lived and died in Bowling Green, They lived all around that area, my mother was born in Trammell, in Allen County. GParents were Noah Webster Howell married Ada Litchford from Logan County, Russelville, KY they had nine children, all are dead except 2 sons Robert and Joe and 1 daughter who is my mother Ina Odell Howell Fields. She is 82 now if this is any of the Howells you know please let me know , Thanks

Howell's Kentucky Jeff and Lou 1800's

Jane Bull (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2000 8:15AM GMT
My Greatgrandfather Jeff Howell and his wife are buried here. They were from there and she was also a Howell before marriage. My grandfather Elza Perkins Howell b 1901 in Indian territory OK. said they were not related but my grandmother would whisper that they were distant cousins "cause all those Howell's in Kentucky were kinfolks" I don't know any of Jeff's brothers or sisters names o because my branch Jeff and Lou came to Texas and Oklahoma area in late 180o's then returned to Kentucky when very old to be with other family members. My father Elmer Lee Howell went to Kentucky to accompany Great Grandfathers body back here from Kentucky to be buried by his wife in the early 1950's.

Howells of KY and OK

Posted: 4 Jul 2000 5:08PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2001 3:05AM GMT
I think my GGrandfather and yours is the same person. Daniel Jefferson Howell and his wife Mary Louisa, were the parents of my Grandfather, Benjamin Houston Howell. He was the 2nd of eight children, born June 16, 1885. His younger brother, Elza Percy (?) was born 1901. I remember my mother, Billie, speaking of Elmer Lee. I have quite a bit of info on the Howells, if you want to e-mail me sometime.

Uncle Hugh Howell

Jane Bull (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2000 9:33AM GMT
Hey Your Uncle Hughes Granddaughter? I know that his name was Benjoimen Houston Howell born June 16, 1885 Bolling Green, Ky D Sept. 15, 1967 The SSI has that spelling. I remember Billie don't remember you though. I would like to have any information you might have about Grandad's parents. I guess you know all those stories about their time in Old Mexico during WWI and the cattle they gathered in New Mexico Territory and drove to Kansas to sell? Grandad, Elza Perkins Howell born Jan 18, 1901 D. Oct 31, 1988 , used to tell me stories about how Uncle Hugh saved his life. Any infor you have would be helpful.

The Stories

Posted: 5 Jul 2000 7:07PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2001 3:05AM GMT
Hi Jane- I found your E-mail address and sent you a message--hope you got it. We're thewkerrs@aol.com. I do have information on the KY Howells, but I know none of the stories you're talking about! I want to know!! Please get back in touch--maybe we can make connections

Howells form Kilgore ( Carter Couonty) Kentucy

James Howell (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2000 8:27AM GMT
Searching for info on the Howells, my fathers grandfather Henry J. Howell who was born in Kilgore on 17 Feb 1875 of John Howell and Harriet Runyan. Henry married Mary Howell(maiden)also born in Kentucky on 2 June 1876, who's parents were Ben Howell and Ellen Thomas. Henry and Mary had three children, Clarence and Anna(my grandmother) who were born in Kentucky and Harriet who was born in Ohio in 1903. They all eventually settled in Harrisburg Ill. Clarence married Virginia in the 1920's and were married close to 50 years, they passed away several months apart in 1981 and 1982.
Anna Howell married a man named Luther who is my fathers dad by birth, this person disappeared and was never heard from again. My dad William Earl Howell was born on 4 December 1918 in Harrisburg and after his fathers disappearance his grandparents Henry and Mary adopted him. Anna remarried a gentleman named McHenry who I only met once and Anna was buried in Pa in the Early 70's and is resting next to her son William my dad who was killed at work in 1974. Harriet married James Land in Harrisburg and and lived there the rest of there lives, James was mail man for over 30 years, but a coal miner in his youth. Both Henry and Clarence were coal miners most of there adult life. Any info on any of the family I've mentioned here would be greatly appreciated.

Social Security Death Index

Posted: 29 Jul 2000 9:48PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2002 3:24AM GMT
Hi James,

Have you checked the SSDI to see if you find Luther there? IF you can get a copy of the original application and it will showhis parents names which should be a good start.

All KY HOWELL Families

Ron Kellems (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 10:09PM GMT
I am at a dead end trying to find the ancestors of my GGgrandfather Philip HOWELL who was reportedly born in KY in 1799... likely in Hardin Co. One of his sons, my Ggrandfather was named Philip Benjamin Howell and his daughter Maude Howell Kellems is my my Grandmother. The names Philip and Benjamin seem to repeated often in this line.

Philip's wife was a Sandage and she was born in Union Co.,SC.I think her line came thru TN to KY. I know there were a lot of Howells that came thru TN and again the names Philip and Benjamin are repeated in these lines.

Thanks to a distant cousin I have a lot of info on Philip's descendants that I am willing to share but zero on the ancestors of Philip!

With all of the KY Howell people in this chain of messages I hope to get a lead on my search. Will each of you please check your files for helpful info.I would welcome file copies that I could examine myself.

Thanks Ron Kellems

howells in bowling green

anna (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 8:35PM GMT
Maybe you can help me! Hopefully!Jesse Howell born Oct 14 1825 in KY married Jane Mansfield born May 30 1823 in KY
children:
James Henry Howell born July 1848 Bowling Green, Warren Co., KY
Mary F "Fanny" Howell born 1851 in KY
Sarah J. Howell born 1852 KY
Lucy E Howell born 1854 KY
Amanda Elizabeth Howell born 1856 Bowling Green, Warren, KY married Harry Henry Hilker
Julia A Howell born 1858 in KY
Luther T Howell born Feb 1859 in KY
Georgella E Howell born 1862 in KY married William Burrows
Silla Howell born 1864 in KY
These Howell moved to MO sometime between 1870-1876? Does any of this match something of yours? I can't seem to find anything beyond Jesse and Jane. I do have a section of Howells on my website if that might help. www.millerfamilytree.homestead.com How many Howell's lived in Bowling Green Ky during the 1800's?????? There seem to be a lot.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions