Search for content in message boards

Sloans in Ohio--Hocking Co, Darke Co

Sloans in Ohio--Hocking Co, Darke Co

Erika Lambert-Zukher (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2002 11:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SLOAN, SLOANE, BURNSIDE, BURNSIDES, HUDDLE
Looking for info on my Sloan ancestors. William Sloan, b around 1820 in Ireland, married Matilda Burnside(s) 1/17/1839 in Hocking Co. OH. They had Ellen Sloan 5/23/1845, then Matilda must have died, and he married Rachel______ with whom he had sons William Flavus (b. 1853) and Robert (b. 1841). 1850 census had James and Joan Sloan (ages 66 and 67) and James Sloan age 23 living nearby.

Ellen Sloan went on to marry Daniel Boone Huddle (Junior) in 1863. She died in 1906 in Greenville, OH.

Thanks.

Re: Sloans in Ohio--Hocking Co, Darke Co

Posted: 13 Jun 2002 4:09PM GMT
My grandmothers maiden name was Sloan,she married a Enz and live in Troy Ohio when I was a kid.

Doug Brewster (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2003 5:15AM GMT
I descend from Williams son Robert (b. 1841). His mother must have been Matilda because wife (2) Rachel was 19 when Robert was 9 in the 1850 census. I believe William was born in 1817 in Armagh Ireland and came to America via Canada with his parents (and sibs?) in the 1820's. I assume that James is his father, but who knows. It would be nice to find out!

Erika Lambert-Zukher (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2003 12:49AM GMT
Wow, thanks for the info. So we're relatied! This is the first piece I've had on this line in ages. Do you have any more info? Where did you find the bit about where they were from and how they came here?

Doug Brewster (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2003 12:25AM GMT
I got a lot of the info on-line at ancestry.com. The Ireland part I just received from Sam Sloan, who lives in Hocking, Ohio and is a descendant of William's son, Peter (2nd Wife). Send me a note at dbrewster@cox.net and I'll forward you what I have. Doug Brewster

Posted: 20 Jan 2004 2:00AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2004 3:19PM GMT
Gayle,

Could you tell me the name of the Enz that she married? I am trying to find that part of my family tree . Pandaora@comcast.net
Thanks
Connie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic