Search for content in message boards

Hicks Family

Hicks Family

Posted: 5 May 2002 1:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Nov 2004 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: HICKS
If there is anyone who has Hicks in their family tree and has not got in touch with me and want to be included in the Hicks Family Genealogy please do so in the next day or so. It is almost ready to go to the printers to be out for mid June. All Hicks from John Hicks/ Elizabeth Russell Hicks who came here in 1760 to Hants Co. and then to Annapolis County and has since spread out to many areas of N. S. including Digby County and related families.

Re: Hicks Family

Posted: 6 May 2002 5:08PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2002 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: Swift, Denton, Thurber, Titus, Welch, Hicks
I do have Hicks in my family staring with Amelia Hicks who married David Welch around 1815 in Digby or Annapolis counties. I have her line back to Sir Ellis Hicks of England around 1315. The only problem is some of this line is yet to be proven. I do have John Hicks born 1715 in USA and Eliz Russel born in 1719 USA. So please add me to your list.

Posted: 6 May 2002 6:52PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2004 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: Hicks
Good to hear from you. I would be very interested in getting your line from Ameila/David on if you would like to be included in the book.I have information on this line already so if you would email me at l.marshall @ns.sympatico.ca with an outline of where you fit in, I can then tell youhow far I have researched this line and what I need to fit you in. I have included as many of the Westport Hicks and related families as I have been able to find.

Charlie Orrall (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2006 11:19PM GMT
Surnames: Hicks, Stinchfield
Do you have any information on a ZEPHANIAH HICKS probably born c. 1760's ? Family legend says that he came south from Nova Scotia to Maine after a dispute with family members over his father's estate.
The earliest record of him I have found is his marriage in late 1789 to a Sarah Stinchfield (marriage was recorded in Town of Winthrop, Lincoln Cty., Maine)

L MARSHALL (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2006 12:46AM GMT
Sorry but the earlest N. S. Hicks I have is John Hicks and wife Elizabeth Russell -------"" John Hicks, made the arrangements with the government of Nova Scotia. The settlers from Rhode Island were to come in sailing vessels, the names of two of which being the Sally under the command of Jonathan Lovett 24 and the Lydia under the command of Samuel Toby. In total there were four sailing vessels which carried 73 families to their new homes to the southwest and bordering on the Pisiquid River, another area that had been well populated by the Acadians prior to 1755.

ory of the County of Annapolis by W. A. Calnek
ohn Hicks was a descendant in the fifth generation from Robert Hicks , who came to the Plymouth colony from Bermondsey, Southwark, London, England in 1621 on the "Fortune "which brought the second party of Pilgrim Fathers, the line of descent being Samuel, Thomas, Thomas .
He was granted 50,000 acres at Falmouth in 1761, July 21. 250 A. 1768, Feb.19 farm lot 34 and1/2 of lot 80. He sold lot 30, Oct.25, 1765, to Jesse Crossman; moved to Bridgetown
Abracts From the Court records for AnnapolisCounty ,Nova Scotia 1763-1938 compiled by Wayne W. Walker item no. 87 P.223, R: April 23,1790; LWT of John Hicks of the Township of Annapolis dated 22 Jan., 1785 wife Elizabeth HIcks, sons: Benjamin Hicks, John Hicks, Thomas Hicks and Weston Hicks, Hannah Hicks & Ruth Hicks Estate folio L5[1790]

There was another group who arrived in now New Brunswick that I have never been able to tie but I believe they arrived later than John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions