Search for content in message boards

Cabin Creek, Kanawha West Virginia Stewart Line

Cabin Creek, Kanawha West Virginia Stewart Line

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for the family line of Stewarts from this area. Martha (Stewart also her maiden name--married?? UNKNOWN Stewart. If so this was a second marriage for her. (She was previously married to a Tomblin and had two children by that marriage.) She had three STEWART children James, Pearl and Clifford STEWART. We are looking for the name of the man she married ? and the father of these three. Any help appreciated. Grown Clifford Stewart married Dollie Carrow and lived in the same area. Their child John W. Stewart (born 1927) is my father.

Re: Cabin Creek, Kanawha West Virginia Stewart Line

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2012 6:50PM GMT
There are Carrows in my husband's Stewart line (Braxton Co.)

Derald Keith Carrow b. appx. 1937 married Carolyn Sue Stewart. Her grandfather is John Taylor Stewart, that line came from Nicholas Co. I know that Kanawha Co. is familiar but I can't tie those names together.

Posted: 20 May 2012 10:28AM GMT
Thanks for the reply. I have Dollie Carrow parents well documented. It is Andrew Stewart who married Marinda Vanover Tomblin that I am looking for and their ancestors. They ALL settled in Kanawha County. Since I first posted here, I have lots of documentation on the line. Dollie Carrow is my husband's Grandmother. She divorced Clifford Stewart and married a Malcolm Fisher.

Thanks again!

Posted: 21 May 2012 11:49AM GMT
Hi,

Not sure if you replied to the right person. The Stewart Line I am looking for is in and around Steuben County, NY. Since I have just started my research on my father's family, there still may be a chance we're related somewhere along the blood-line.

Thanks again,
Phyllis (Stewart)Lester

Posted: 21 May 2012 7:23PM GMT
Ha ha. Who knows. SO Sorry. Keeping up is hard to do. I just can't find this Andrew Stewart who is my husband's GGrandfather. We have the entire materal line through the Vanovers but are back to only 1897 with the birth of Grandfather Clifford Stewart. His dad was Andrew Stewart but we have no clue as to his parents, or even his birth date. KY did not keep birth records except from about 1851 when it was required, and then for only about ten years or so and they just dropped off. So getting records prior to 1911 is difficult. Any suggestions?
Thanks for posting.

Posted: 23 Nov 2013 8:16PM GMT
I too am looking for information on your husband's great grandfather. As far as I can tell his name was Leander Stewart, married to Ella Francis Savage. He was born in Lawrence County, Kentucky on 2/14/1852 and died on 1/28/1925 in Louisa, Kentucky. I am looking for information because I am writing a book on my grandmother's life and she was raised two miles away from Leander in Lawrence County.They are both listed in the US Census (1910) living in the same district. My grandmother was 16 and Leander was 59. The reference I found mentioned, "Leander Stewart's Cabin." I have no idea what that means. But i would like to find out and use it in my book. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. By the way, my grandmother's name was Grace Marcum Chapman.
Claude L. Chafin
claudechafin@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions