Search for content in message boards

Francis Cooke lineage through Jemima Gary Washburn into Ontario, Canada

Francis Cooke lineage through Jemima Gary Washburn into Ontario, Canada

Posted: 12 Jan 2008 9:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Perry, Hawley, Aylesworth, Washburn, Cooke, Gary, Leonard, Bowden, Mitchell
I am just working on my application to the Mayflower Society as a direct desc. of Francis Cooke, through seventh generation Jemima Gary Washburn 1754-1830 and her husband Robert Perry Senior, U.E.L. 1751-1830. This lineage has already been recognized by the Society to this seventh generation. Jemima and Robert were both born in Massachusetts but fled to Ontario, Canada during the American Revolution with their families, via Vermont and then into Quebec.

Jemima and Robert had ten known children so if my application is approved, I hope this will open the door to other persons in same lineage to become members. I descend from their eldest son Robert Perry Junior 1772-1856 and his wife Esther Aylesworth 1776-1803; the younger Robert was a Methodist minister. He was married three times and had six children with his second wife my ancestor Esther Aylesworth, and twelve more with his third wife Sally Sine.

My lineage from Francis Cooke is:

Daughter Jane Cooke and Experience Mitchell
Daughter Elizabeth Mitchell and John Washburn
Son James Washburn and Mary Bowden
Son James Washburn and Elizabeth Leonard
Son Simeon Washburn and Jemima Gary
Daughter Jemima Gary Washburn and Robert Perry
Son Robert Perry Jr. and Esther Aylesworth
Daughter Esther P. Perry and Davis Hawley
Son Peter Perry Hawley and Leah Elizabeth Fox
Daughter Julia Ann Hawley and Hiram Keech and from there my grandparents, etc.

I have worked a fair bit on the Ontario families, so if anyone needs info about them please write to me.

Nora in Alberta, Canada

Re: Francis Cooke lineage through Jemima Gary Washburn into Ontario, Canada

Posted: 7 Jul 2008 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Cooke, Hawley, Washburn, Perry
Nora:
Hello! I too am working on my application. Here is my lineage from Francis Cooke. (I believe you and I also descend from Pilgrim James Chilton, through Elizabeth Leonard.)

Francis Cooke
Daughter: Jane Cooke (m. Experience Mitchell)
Daughter: Elizabeth Mitchell (m. John Washburn)
Son: James Washburn (m. Mary Bowden)
Son: James Washburn (m. Elizabeth Leonard)
Son: Simeon Washburn (m. Jemima Gary)
Daughter: Jemima Washburn (m. Robert Perry)
Daughter: Mary Perry (m. William Hawley)
Son: Ebenezer Hawley (m. Catherine Unknown)
Son: George Perry Hawley (m. Hanna "Annie" Reynolds)
Son: Geroge Sidney Hawley (m. Leala Beatrice Reeves)
Daughter: Leala May Hawley (who is my mother)

I would like to communicate with you about this.

Neal

Posted: 5 Dec 2008 6:10PM GMT
Surnames: bell, sharp
I too am from this line. however I am currently looking for any information about samuel bell who came from donnigal ireland about 1778. his son john born in albny new york in 1779. married cathrine sharp on 10-24-1805 at ernstown, ont.

Posted: 6 Dec 2008 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bell
I have no info on Samuel Bell. Judging he was born in 1740's to 1750's he was prob. not born in North America. Have you looked for other researchers who may have gone digging that far back?

Have children John, Margaret and Samuel for Samuel and there must be others.

Nora

Posted: 6 Dec 2008 8:16PM GMT
Hi Nora,

Dennis Bell sent me this information;
Samuel Bell married Jame McChesney or McChesnut in Donigal, Ireland and produced;
Isabel who married Johnanes Sill 2-23-1794
Sarah 1772-1856
John 1779-1853 my gg grandfather born in Albany NY
Margaret 1789 born in earnstown
Elizabeth 1792-1854
Samuel 1793-1873

I wonder how he came from Ireland to New York to Canada, could he have been in the military, and did have a family in Ireland?
Also how far down the Mayflower line do you go?
Mercy Aylesworth married my g grandfather william bell.
Thank you
Donnie Roullier

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: Cooke, Washburn, McGann, Rinehart, Mitchell
I too as a part of my ancestry tree am working on similar possible ties back that far. My great grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Washburn/married George Henry McGann; descended from John V Washburn/married Ruth Rinehart; descended from Abel H. Washburn/married Abigail Vaughn; descended from Thomas Washburn/married Elizabeth ?; descended from Ebenezer Washburn, Jr/married Mary ?; descended from Ebenezer Washburn/married Patience Miles; descended from Joseph Washburn/married Hannah Latham; descended from John Washburn/married Eperience Cooke Mitchell;

I have had a bit of trouble with some research in the New Brunswick and Nova Scotia period when one Washburn was up there....still researching. If anyone has helpful information, glad to reciprocate with what I have.

Posted: 20 Nov 2010 7:22AM GMT
i have lineage thru frances son who married Sarah warren ..i go 12 generations back.i have the docs also.Would love to connect! vicki354@juno.com

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: Hawley, Osland, McHolm, Best
Hi Nora and Neal;

I am just starting to compile a keepsake as my Grandmother Lena Elizabeth Hawley (married name Osland) passed away in October. Leala May was one of here sibs. I see that it is the same line of your postings as her grandfather and grandmother were George Perry Hawley and Hanna "Anna" Reynolds. Do you happen to know their birth and death dates? When I spoke to Grandma about this, she had lost track of her in 1932 when Grandma was in Children's Aid care. I am wondering if you knew when "Anna" passed away or where she rests.

Sharlene

P.S. Neal ... I think that my mom has mentioned you. My mother is Marilyn Elizabeth Osland ... Lena's oldest daughter.

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 12:41PM GMT
Surnames: Hawley, Reynolds
Sharlene:

Very sorry to learn of Lena's death. She was a kind and loving aunt to me and my sister, Ellen. I knew your grandmother and mother since I was 8 years old. I am 53 now. Ellen, by the way, died last year at the young age of 56. Life goes on.

Over the last 30 years, I have compiled EXTENSIVE genealogical research on my mother's ancestry, particularly the Hawley side, going back to the 1300s. This would, of course, be the same for my mother's sister, Lena. The Reynolds side of the family, however, is sparse. I do have some information, but it does not go back very far.

I would be delighted to share all I know of our common ancestry with you. You are my cousin after all. :) Hopefully, you can further my research. Please e-mail me.

--Neal Enrick,
neal@enrick.com

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 4:20PM GMT
jemima gary washburn is a great grandmother would love to correspond
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions