Classification: Query
Surnames: McShane
I am looking for a little information:

Patrick McShane
Born: Armagh Ireland 1796
Died: Rollingdam NB, Canada 1880

Married: Mary A.
Born: Ireland Date??

I would like to know who this Mary A. is (her maiden name would be nice) and possibly the parents of Patrick McShane.
Thank you very much for any information that you can give me. Even some guidance and recommended resources would be appreciated

Re: Patrick McShane coming to New Brunswick Canada

Posted: 15 Sep 2008 10:36PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2008 9:23AM GMT
Surnames: McShane, O'Neill
I have Patrick McShane's wife's last name as Densmore. I am pretty sure that I would have gotten that information from Shirley O'Neill. Patrick's son James married an O'Neill, of which I am one.
I know no other information than that, although I believe you may find that information in the microfilm St. Andrews NB Catholic Records to 1900 found in the St. Croix Public Library in St. Stephen, or at the archives in St. Andrews. Sometimes when someone was a sponsor at a baptism they would give the maiden name of the wife.

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 6:14AM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2008 9:24AM GMT
Surnames: MCSHANE, MCCANN
Hi
My maiden name is McShane by any chance do you know anything about Patrick at all.Mt ggg grandfather was John McShane he married a Mary ann McCann in Armargh he would have been born around 1825 and so would Maryann have been.
Kind regards jean

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 2:32AM GMT
I am also looking for info on John McShane and Mary Ann McCann. They are my gggg grandparents. The line from me goes as follows: Tammy Baxter d/o James Baxter s/o William Baxter s/o Mary McShane d/o John McShane s/o Henry McShane s/o John McShane (and Mary Ann McCann)

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 4:39AM GMT
Hi
My name is Jean (McShane) John and Mary Anne
are my ggg grandpaents what sort of information do you
Kind regards jean have .

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 7:11AM GMT
I have a little bit info on Henry McShane and some of his descendents. I just found his parents names today. Haven't had a chance to look into them yet. What do you have?

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 7:46AM GMT
Surnames: MCSHANE
Hi My ggg randfather was John Mcshane he married
a Maryann McCann i know of one son who is also John
and i believe he had a sister Sarah. Can you tell me what you know of Henry.
Kind regards jean

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 3:34PM GMT
According to the death reecord, Henry was a coalminer. He died December 28 1910 at 13 Park Place, Bothwell, Lanark, Scotland. Cause of death: intercranial haemmoragh. On the death record his son in law, John McKeown, was given as a witness. Henry's daughter Ellen married John McKeown on March 30 1894 in the Roman Catholic Chapel in Motherwell. Henry was married to Rose Forbes (she died Jan 4 1901 at 153 Watsonville, Motherwell). They were married December 26 1863 in Lurgan, Co. Armagh, Ireland. Children of Henry and Rose: John b.1869 in Armagh, Rose b.1873 January 26 in Motherwell, Ann b. 1875 May 13 in Motherwell. I know Henry and Rose had other children but I don't have the info in front of me at the moment. I may have more info on Henry. I'll check my files and get back to you.

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 3:49PM GMT
Henry's son John was born April 19 1869 in the Civil District of Lurgan No.1 Co. Armagh. All the info I have given you so far, I have seen the records for.

Unconfirmed info:
Birth year for Henry-1838
and a daughter, Catharine b. October 2 1864 Lurgan Co. Armagh

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 5:34AM GMT
Hi a Lot of McShane and Rafferty family came from around Motherwell ,John McShane and maryann Mccann married in Lurgan from the names i see there is every chance they could be related . my gg grandfather John Mcshane was born abt 1844-1850 there is also a Rose but she could be called this as my gg grandmother Isabella Rafferty her mother was Roseann she came from Cavan . Please let me know what else you find out aslo gg grand dad John had a son Patrick he died as a baby . this would have also come from ggg grandad
Kind regards jean
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions