Search for content in message boards

Dorothy Ann James

Dorothy Ann James

Posted: 26 Mar 2008 2:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Dorothy. I have born on 2/6/1916 in Wisconsin and died on 2/3/1984 in Ca. I'm looking for the names and dates of her Mother and Father. Dorothy was married to Oscar Shoop on 1/31/1942 but I don't have where.
Thank You.
Larry

Re: Dorothy Ann James

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 11:54AM GMT
Sorry, can't help with this one. My James connection died with my grandmother in Cardiff circa 1898

Cvbonner

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 3:20PM GMT
One in Clinton Twp, Rock Co, And one in Green County, Berlin.
Both had mothers named Anna. Both have different second name Initial.

Have you looked for a free California Death Index for her? Mignt be a goow way to see more.

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 3:37PM GMT
It's destressing to see that ancestry.com has cornered most the free genealogy on line,and while you can look you have to "buy"...........do you have a surname for Dorothy at her death, any sibling info, or anything from her death certificate?

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 3:45PM GMT
The only common denominator in the S.S. Index for a person of the birth and death dates you give ia one Dorothy GILMORE whoo gives a birth of 10 FEb 1919 and a death in Jan 1984 in California, Ventura County, CA.

The numbers you give for info: are they from a death certificate, newspaper obituary, or family recording? Was Dorothy married to Mr. Shoop from being a widow? Otherwise, your info is not workable for someone outside your family knowledge base unless it is expanded.

Regards,
Linda

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 3:55PM GMT
One Dorothy SHOOP born unkn on 6 Feb. 1916 was issued S.S.card by Illinois which means she registered there with her application in 1930's or at a job. She died in Feb 1984 in California, Yucca Valley, zip 92284..The state of issue may or may not be a person's birth state if born previous to the beginning of the registration process for S.S.

Oscar died in samp place with an issue in the same state of Illinois. Birth showing 26 Jun 1916 and death 4 Nov 1996.

You might find more about Dorothy by sending for her Social Security application and looking in Illinois for a Dorothy James.

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 4:09PM GMT
In 1930 there is a Dorothy JAMES who was born in Illinois who is the granddaughter of Frank Salsbury and wife Carrie. They live in Frankfort City, Stephenson County, Illinois. the wife, Carry, wa born in Ill of German parents and the man was born in Iowa of father "u.kn. place" and mother of Vermont.
This Dorothy wa given born of two parents born in Illinois.

I wonder if your SHOOP family is here or near? This Dorothy is age 14.

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 4:10PM GMT
CORRECTION: THIS JAMES family in FREEPORT, STEPHENSON CO, not Frankfort!

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 4:35PM GMT
If this is your family, I found FRank SALSBURY and wife Carrie in Freeport, Stephenson Co., ILL in 1920. He is given born in Iowa.

Their daughter is named Edna and is age 26; the spouse of Edna is named Fred W. and is age 30, born in Illinois of an English born father and Edna the wife was born in Illinois. Their daughter, Dorothy, is age 4 and was born in Illinois. Fred W. JAMES is a city Fireman and his father-in-law, Frank Salsbury, who is age 56, is a forman at an auto plant.

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 8:07PM GMT
No I don't.
Larry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions