Search for content in message boards

Offer to do Look-ups in Virginia Regemental Histories for Veterans of the War Between the States from Pittsylvania County

Offer to do Look-ups in Virginia Regemental Histories for Veterans of the War Between the States from Pittsylvania County

Michael D. Kendrick (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2002 12:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Oct 2006 4:42AM GMT
Good Evening,
If anyone would like me to look up data on the Virginia Regemental Histories Series, I have the following regements Histories that cover almost every Company where the men of Pittsylvania were more than likely attached and served in during the War Between The States. I have the following books;
6th Virginia Cavalry
10th Virginia Cavalry
36th and 37th Battalions Virginia Cavalry
18th Virginia Infantry
21st Virginia Infantry
24th Virginia Infantry
38th Virginia Infantry
42nd Virginia Infantry
46th Virginia Infantry
53rd Virginia Infantry and 5th Battalion Virginia Infantry
57th Virginia Infantry
Again I would like to help peserve the memories of our ancestors by documenting the last resting place of all our Confederate Veterans in Pittsylvania, I would greatly apreciate your assistance in this project.I am
Respectfully Yours
your humble servant in history.
Michael D. Kendrick
VA. Div. SCV Recruiting Officer
VA. Div. SCV E-Mail Network Coordinator
2nd. Lt. Commander J.E.B. Stuart SCV Camp # 1343
Colour Sergeant 3rd. Corps Artillery Brigade
Pvt. Edenton Bell Battery, Co. B
Stuart-Mosby Historical Society
Point Lookout POW Organization
Chesterfield County Historical Society

Michael D. Kendrick
10424 Genito Lane
Chesterfield, Virginia 23832
mike58-98@mindspring.com

Re: Offer to do Look-ups in Virginia Regemental Histories for Veterans of the War Between the States from Pittsylvania County

Delaney H. Bryant (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2002 11:34PM GMT
Surnames: Bryant, Mitchell, Kendrick
Hi Michael,
My husband is related to the Kendrick family of Pittsylvania County. Has a cousin named Michael Kendrick, son of Edith and Kenneth Kendrick (deceased). We are tracing family and would appreciate any info you can find regarding at least two grandfathers in Civil War. 1) James K. Polk Bryant, b. Sept. 23, 1845, d. Jan. 27, 1924 and 2) James B. Mitchell b. 1840, d. 1925. Also have an ancestor Green Wade Kendrick (or Adkins) b. 1834, d. April 15, 1908 who we are not sure if served in Civil War.
Dee

Re: Offer to do Look-ups in Virginia Regemental Histories for Veterans of the War Between the States from Pittsylvania County

Michael D. Kendrick (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2002 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Kendrick, Adkins
Howdy,
Well Michael Kendrick was the brother to my former brother in law. I will look up the information for you on your Bryants and get back to you, as far as Green Wade Kendrick, no he wasnt in the Civil War. We do however have several other Kendricks's that did serve, Contact me privately and we can share data.
I am
Respectfully yours
your humble servant in history.
Michael D. Kendrick
VA. Div. SCV Recruiting Officer
Va. Div. SCV E-Mail Network Coordinator
2nd. Lt. Commander J.E.B. Stuart # 1343

mike58-98@mindspring.com

Posted: 1 Apr 2002 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: Coleman
Would you have the first names of soldiers in the 18th VA regiment (company E)?

Ancestry. com's site notes that R A Coleman and N Q Coleman enlisted the same day in October, 1864, and they may have been family members. I am trying to confirm that they are Richelieu A Coleman and Naborne Quarles Coleman of Amelia County. Do you have more complete information on them? Thanks very much!

Joel (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2002 6:50AM GMT
Sir, Have you found any buried in the county by the name of Moorefield or Morefield if so where?
Thanks
1st Lt SCV 108 McDonough Ga

Posted: 17 Jan 2005 3:48PM GMT
any information on john henry hensley dob 1834 dod 1902 fathers name was jesse hensley. any info greatly appreciated . john henry is my g grandfather

car;ene sandhagen (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2006 5:58PM GMT
Surnames: King, Meeks, Harris,Turner, Wray, Gillie
I have a JAMES B. MITCHELL, born abt 1840-1842. who married DELILAH T. KING in Henry Co., VA abt 1865 and lived in Pittsylvania Co., VA in 1880 Federal Census. Children were JAS W. bor abt 1867, H.(Harriet) E. born abt 1869, Jno T. born Mar 1870, Jesse(son) born abt 1873, Mary, born abt 1875. Is this part of your family line. Contact me at
sandythegardener@yahoo.com for additional info on this family. Also father of DELILAH T. KING was WILLIAM S. KING, born abt 1799-1800 Pittsylvania Co., Va.

Posted: 20 Apr 2006 10:32AM GMT
Could you look for George W. McCarty b. 1834 in Pitts.
Thank you.

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: Adams
I am looking for my great great grandfather, John Quincy Adams (no, not the president :) ) He was wounded in the Civil War, and I am pretty sure he was a Sgt. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: ADAMS
John Q. Adams (First_Last)
Regiment Name 38 Virginia Infantry. (Pittsylvania Regiment.)
Side Confederate
Company K
Soldier's Rank_In Private
Soldier's Rank_Out Sergeant
Alternate Name
Notes
Film Number M382 roll 1
per page

Find a board about a specific topic