Search for content in message boards

Sorting Sources in FTM 12

Sorting Sources in FTM 12

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 2:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Is there away to sort the sources that show up under certain facts? For example I might have several sources that are census and other things but the are not in any order. I'd like sort the at least alphabetically.

Thanks

Re: Sorting Sources in FTM 12

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 2:24PM GMT
I don't know of a way, but I like the idea!

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 3:49PM GMT
Yeah, I'm actually in Data Process (mailing) so I'm use to dealing with massive amounts of records and fields, so I just cannot imagine a system that does not let you sort on different fields or filter them. Oh Well..

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 12:02AM GMT
I don't know if this will answer your question about sources, but maybe doing what I do with media might help. Whenever I work on a person I click on their media tab in the right pane. I then click on each item to hi-lite it and right mouse click to get the drop-down menu and choose "rename". I then name it using my preference, Year - LastName FirstName DocumentName OtherInformation.
I try to rename media as I'm merging it into my FTM tree; if you scroll down in the merge window it will as you if you want to rename the image. Just wish I had come up with this years ago when I first started, I have a ton of media that I need to rename.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions