Search for content in message boards

Help with Family Tree Maker 2012

Help with Family Tree Maker 2012

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 8:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been using FTM 2012 for over a year now, and can not find how to switch spouses when in the People Person view.

The situation is when working with a person who has married more that once, many time I find I would like to check the other spouse.

The only way I can figure out how to do this is to go back to the Family view, and change to the other spouse. Then go back to the person view to work with the other spouse.

Is there a short cut to change spouse from the person view, without going to the family view and then back to the person view.

Re: Help with Family Tree Maker 2012

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 8:57PM GMT
When in the Person View, all of the spouses should be listed on the left. One can just click the spouse and that one should now be the active one.

Or on the right side of the screen, select the drop down arrow to the right of the active spouse, then select the desired one.

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 9:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2013 9:25PM GMT
At the top of the Person View is a "mini-tree".

The selected person is in the middle, on top.

If only married once, the spouse will show below the selected person. Click on the "itty-bitty" arrow next to the spouse of the selected person to show all of the spouses.

The children of the selected person will show by clicking on the "itty-bitty" arrow next to the first child listed.

By "rotating" through each spouse of each spouse, you can navigate to any child of any of the spouses of the spouses of the selected person.

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 10:20PM GMT
Repositioning my bifocals, I wish to thank those who responded.

That is what I was looking for.

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 10:56PM GMT
I wear bifocals as well, Keith, but I have single vision glasses for computer use:)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions