Search for content in message boards

Updated Website - Northwest Indiana Genealogical Society

Updated Website - Northwest Indiana Genealogical Society

Posted: 21 Aug 2006 11:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Porter County Genealogy and Family History Researchers:
The website for the Northwest Indiana Genealogical Society (NWIGS), which serves Lake and Porter Counties, has recently been updated. The web address is:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~innwigs/

The website contains numerous records that can now be more easily examined with the addition of a search engine. A list of nearly 50 publications available for purchase through NWIGS is also provided online. These publications include cemetery, obituary, church, and school records, among others.

Also of note is the addition of an image library (see: Northwest Indiana Views link). This library currently contains nearly 1,800 described images of Porter County, mostly scanned from picture postcards and promotional brochures published between 1895 and 1911.

Regards,
Steve Shook
NWIGS Webmaster

Re: Updated Website - Northwest Indiana Genealogical Society

Sherry (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2006 9:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you Steve. This is helpful. Yes, I have his pension file. It does contain useful information, however it does not shed light on who his parents or siblings were. I will go back and look more closely for marriage information.

I like your website. That's where I found the death record of Theodore's wife, Elsbe/Elsba. No Theodore, however. I'm beginning to wonder if he did in fact die in Hebron. I don't have any substantive information to base that on, so I should not have included that in my post.

Thank you for your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions