Search for content in message boards

need help in Burden, Cowley County

need help in Burden, Cowley County

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 2:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
OK...the 1930 (age 2) and 1940 (age 12) census records lists a daughter, Marian Mace within the family of Carl & Gladys Mace.
The Mace family has left Kansas by 1947 when their son, Howard marries in Vigo County, Indiana.
By 1999 when a brother, Glen dies; no mention of Marian as a surviving sister is listed.
By 2003 when her mother, Gladys, passes - again, no mention of this child. Preceded in death is the husband, Carl (I do not have his obit yet) and son Glen, why wouldn't Marian be mentioned as a preceded daughter???

MY THEORY:
Marian Mace was 12 in 1940; perhaps shortly after the census she died? OR, by age 12 back then, that is marriage age, perhaps she married and remained in Kansas with no contact with family in Indiana??? I am thinking she may have died at a young age.

Can someone look around for her to figure out what happened to her - married? - died?
I would greatly appreciate the help in this puzzle!
Thank you - Dottie

Re: need help in Burden, Cowley County

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 2:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Go to Findagrave.com
Search for Sulphur Springs Cemetery in Vigo County, IN
Search for surname MACE

You will find tombstone for Carl and Gladys, and also one for Marian E. She died at age 16.

Can't explain her omission from the obits, but she died in 1944. Perhaps those who wrote the obits never knew her, or had faulty memories.

Robert in Arkansas
No relation - not researching
Just trying to help out
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions