Search for content in message boards

problem with tree imported from FTM 2012 to Ancestry

problem with tree imported from FTM 2012 to Ancestry

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 5:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Mar 2013 5:15PM GMT
Surnames: Tims, Schwarz, and Susskind
I have been researching my family tree off and on for years.
I recently uploaded my fathers side-TIMS- and noticed that whilst it appears correctly on FTM2012, the family view on Ancestry shows my mother and her father duplicated-eg they appear twice.
If you look in the list of people they only appear once.
I attach 2 scans from Ancestry . The first is of my maternal granfather Salo Schwarz, which displays correctly. The second is of my mother Katja Schwarz, which shows both her and Salo duplicated.
I believe the problem stems from the fact that Salo was married to my mother's mother-Paula Susskind, who died soon after my mother's birth. As often happened in the Jewish faith he then married Paula's sister Gertude Susskind, and they had two other children-Jutta and Julian. I have talked to the Ancestry help desk and was told that whilst FTM 2012 can display the above scenario correctly, Ancestry's on line tree can't.
I have unlinked the FTM2012 tree from Ancestry and then renamed it, and resynced, but the issue still remains.
Any bright ideas?
Attachments:

Re: problem with tree imported from FTM 2012 to Ancestry

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 7:39PM GMT
Not sure why you would expect the issue to be resolved when tech support explained that it could not be. It's a display quirk, not a duplication issue.

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 12:35AM GMT
The key is the intermarriages. The people are not duplicated, but they have more than one relationship. The simplistic display cannot handle that.

Concentrate, I suggest, on list of all people - put away family view.

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 4:30PM GMT
I too have the same issue. I have now tried deleting from FTM and downloading it again at least 3 times. At this point I am not even going to try and sync FTM tree to Ancestry.
Some of my media does not come over either.

At this point I have gave up and sent a message to Ancestry but have yet to receive an answer.

Thanls

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 9:10PM GMT
This is a display issue and not a data issue. Unless the people appear more than once in your list of names, they are not duplicated. No amount of merging, deleting, downloading, etc will correct the display. It's not an error, but a limitation of visually displaying the data.

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 9:44PM GMT
Thanks for the info ,however there are not duplicate names in he trees as I have had this tree since 2006. At this point I am just going to wait as there seems to be several problems with this program and others have mentioned.

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 9:51PM GMT
That is my point. It's not a data/duplicate issue. It will never be fixed, because it isn't really broken. It just the way some relationships display... Ignore it...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions