Search for content in message boards

Family Tree Maker 2012 - Duplicate Tree

Family Tree Maker 2012 - Duplicate Tree

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 5:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have recently purchased the Family Tree Maker 2012 Software. I installed it on the computer and was able to sync with the Ancestry website. I went to use the software a few days later and now have two family trees with the same name instead of one. Both are synced with the website and show up in the software and on the web. I really don't know how this happened but would really like to merge these two trees together. There is a chance one or both of the trees could have been edited between now and when the duplication happened. I really don't want to lose any of the information I entered manually or attached via the web searches. Is there a way I can merge these two trees together?

Re: Family Tree Maker 2012 - Duplicate Tree

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 2:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Could you clarify? You have two trees in FTM and two trees on the website? You have two trees in FTM and one on the website? You have two on the website and one in FTM?
The only way I can see that you could have two and both be syncing is two in each place but wanted to clarify.
How it happened is unclear; starting a sync process from scratch will give you a duplicate tree in one place or another.. but usually only ONE of them syncs.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic