Search for content in message boards

Family from Vinica

Family from Vinica

Shirlee Crow (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fabian, Malic, Benich, Mihelic, Ostronic, Kastelic
My great parents, Joseph Fabian and Adela Malic were from Vinica, Slovenia. Joseph's parents were Jacob Fabian and Mary Benich. Adela's parents were Francis Malic and Barbara Mihelic. Francis' parents were Janez Malic and Ana Ostronic. Would like to find someone researching this family as I know nothing about them.

OSTRONIC Family from Vinica

Posted: 5 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: OSTRONIC

My great grandmother was Barbara Ostronic from a small village near Vinica, Slovenia. Her parents were Matija and Ana (Tomec) Ostronic. I have info on the Ostronic family. I also have photos of the Ostronic farm. I e-mailed you this a.m. - did you receive it? Hope to hear from you soon. Marvine

OSTRONIC family from Vinica

Posted: 15 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: OSTRONIC

I am sorry I cannot help you. I only know that my Ostronic family is from the village of Golek, near Vinica. I do not know where Celje is located. If I come across Ostroznik in Celiji I will e-mail you.
I wish I could be of some help to you in your search. Good luck, Marvine

CELJE OSTROZNIK -WICERNIK

M . Klawitter (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ostroznik, wicernik
Hello
Iam looking for Celje area Ostroznik& Wicernik families , can you help ? Thank you , Mdf

Barbara Ostronic

Posted: 25 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Oct 2002 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Ostronic, Sodja, Klemencic
Is this the Barbara Ostronic (1870-1921) who maried Jacob Sodja from Mackovec pri Suhorju, Slovenia? They were married in 1891 in Helena Montana. I am researching Jacob's ancestors, as he is one of my grandfather's uncles.

Ostronic

Posted: 13 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ostronic
Hi, Marvine, thanks for the Ostronic information. Ater Mar. 26, 2000, I will not be on the web. My snail mail address is: PMB f248965, 3590 Roundbottom Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45244-3026, thanks again, Shirlee Crow

Ostronic

Posted: 13 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ostronic
Hi, Marvine, thanks for the Ostronic information. I will be off the internet on Mar. 26, 2000. My snail mail address will be: PMB f248965, 3590 Roundbottom Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45244-3026, Thanks, Shirlee Crow

MIHELIC family from Slovenia/Croatia border area

Mary Jakimier (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mihelcic, Mihelsic, Mihelic, Lazar, Demsar, Demshar, Demsher, Tusare, Tushare
Can you tell me where Vinica, Slovenia is? My MIHELCIC/MIHELSIC (name changed in 1920s in Springfield and Auburn, IL) family is from the Slovenia/Croatia border area around Rijeka.

Do you know if your Barbara Mihelic had a male relative (cousin, brother, etc.) named STEVEN MIHELCIC? My Steven Mihelcic is from the Lokve, Croatia area (b. 22 Dec. 1876, d. 18 Aug. 1960). Steven married Mary Malnar of Crni Lug, Croatia, and they had 4 children: George Matthew, Leo, Mary and Stevana. Leo is my maternal grandfather. He married Mary LAZAR (whose mother's maiden name was Mary DEMSAR; her mother's maiden name was Agnes Tusare). Mary Lazar's family was from Brezje and Skofja Loka, Slovenia.

I believe that my extended Croatian and Slovenian family from at least the 1850s-1890s tended to move around in the border area between Slovenia and Croatia quite a bit -- although I have no hard (paper) evidence of this (yet).

Look forward to hearing from you! Mary

Barbara Mihelic

Posted: 1 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mihelic, Fabian, Malic, Ostronic, Kastelic
Hi, sorry to be so slow in answering; we have been travling and I haven't been on line.
Vinica is at the bottom of Slovenia near the Croat border.
My Barbara Mihelic is the daughter of Ive Mihelic and Jozefa Kastelic. Her siblings were: Ana, Magda, Ive, Jozefa, Matija, Margareta, Johana, Antonija and Jelka. At least, these are all that I know about. Barbara was born in 1828 and died in 1897.
Sorry that I can't be more help, Shirlee Crow

Fabian, Ostronic

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2002 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: fabian, Pockaj, Ostronic, Vatovec, Novak, Sigulin, Krebelj
Have the Fabian and Ostronic name in my family line in Slovenia. Would be interested in exchanging information with you. The Fabian name I have is Michael Fabian who married Johanna Pockaj Johanna was born 1877, do date for Michael. I have childrens names if you are interested.
pmoorep66@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic