I am searching for any information on ancestry of Sarah Catherine Carr, b 8 Jan l854, Barbour Co, AL; d. 6 Jan 1939, Wood Co, TX, bur Smith Cemetery, Hawkins, TX. Married Thomas Charles McClenny 9 May 1871. He was born 22 May 1849 Dale Co, AL; d. 8 Dec 1938, bur. Smith Cemetery, Hawkins, TX. He grew up in Dale Co, AL and moved to TX in l899 with his wife Sarah and minor children.
Sarah is listed on 1880 Census, Barbour Co, AL, Beat 10 Cox's Mill as 26 with Thomas C. 31, Gatsy A. E. 7, Thomas B, 6 and Henry W. 11/12.
After moving to TX, Sarah had a brother Thomas Carr and his son Jack Carr from AL visit her a couple of times according to info from a gr daughter.
T.C. McClenny was listed as a member of Shiloh Primitive Baptist Church, Henry Co, AL after l865. Elder T. C. McClenny "first opened service" in May, 1878 perhaps at Shiloh. Since T.C. and Sarah were never separated from their marriage in l871 until he died in l938, I assume she was also at the same church. From the birthdates and locations given below I also assume they lived in Barbour Co, AL until they moved to Henry Co. AL sometime between l881 and 1883.
Thomas Charles McClenny and Sarah Catherine Carr had the following children:
1. Gatsy Ann Elizabeth McClenny, b 21 Nov 1872, Barbour Co, AL; d. 11 Jan 1967, Smith Co, TX
2. Thomas Burkhart McClenny, b. 5 July 1874, Barbour Co, AL; d. 7 May 1967, Smith Co, TX
3. James David McClenny, b. 4 April 1876, Barbour Co, AL; d. 23 April, 1876, Barbour Co, AL
4. Henry Wilson McClenny, b 23 July, 1879 Barbour Co, AL; d 30 Jan, 1965
5. Mary Lina McClenny, b 19 May, 1881, Barbour Co, AL; d. 30 Aug, 1920
6. John Coley McClenny, b. 10 Nov 1883, Henry Co, AL; d. 30 Nov, 1967
7. William Cloe McClenny, b. 20 Sept 1886, Henry Co, AL; d. 21 July, 1956, Smith Co, TX (My maternal grandfather)
8. James Whitfield McClenny, b. 10 May 1889, Henry Co, AL; d. ______
9. Sylvester Rowe McClenny, b. 17 June, 1891, Henry Co, AL; d. 9 Sept 1974
10. C. Ester McClenny, b. 11 Oct., 1893, Henry Co, AL; d. _______
11. Claudia Lee McClenny, b. 12 Feb 1896, Henry Co, AL, AL; d. 24 Mar 1919
I would appreciate any information on Sarah Catherine Carr's family. Thanks, Rex Kirby