Search for content in message boards

perry's From Canada to MI

perry's From Canada to MI

Posted: 9 Jan 2012 12:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Perry
Viola Delia perry is my grandmother born in 1908 in Canada, she had many brothers and sisters , Ira, Mandy, Ike, Milly, Leona, etc although her race says white she was infact 100% native American, I backed my family up all the way back from the 1800. if any one knows of any proof in the perry line that backs up to Isaac perry, Isaac w. Perry, being native american please call me at 517-489-9161 or email me at little raven65@yahoo.com

Re: perry's From Canada to MI

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 9:50PM GMT
I’m not related to any member of this family.

1930 is the last available census at this time.

Your grandmother Viola Delia Perry [born in 1908 in Canada] cannot be 100% native American.

When did she immigrate to the US???
She does not appear on any census.

WHO did she marry??

WHO are her parents??
NEED 1st names + DOB's + birthplaces.

Posted: 15 Jan 2012 6:59PM GMT
Surnames: perry's from canada to mi
Hi my grandma viola was 100 Chippewa, and so was my great grandma & grampa, and so on.I have a death cirficate of a brother who was listed american indian. I know they put white back then as color of race when they were infact Indians, I thank you for your input, but if you would like to help me I am tracking Minnie Perry aka lacross aka defraying ( she is one in the same person. or ira perry aka Issac perry. I am trying to track there past as a child, schools ect in canada, or here in mi, something that shows that they were indian, weather it be indian reversation, schools, etc. Thank you for your input, it is much appericated.

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 7:29PM GMT
hi this is a big mess as she( Minnie Perry)are one in the same for some reason she put minnie lacross, minnie defraying, dufrense, leona lacross, minnie perry born 1801 aka defraying, aka lacross, aka dufresne date of marriage 1898 then there is also Leona perry Aka minnie perry aka leona perry born in 1881 defraying aka lacross aka defraying, I have 2 death cirficates of my family with with both names one and the same person. I am completly baffled, what was her real name before marriage, i cant even find a social security no on her. like I said I know they put (white) on cirficate, but they were indians, I am 1/4 chippewa, my father was 1/2 & his mother viola d perry born 10/8/1908 was almost full blooded and her parents put white on her cirficate. back in the day thats what they had to do for work and for other various reasons. so all this is a mystery.

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 8:32PM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2012 8:32PM GMT
What part of MI did your relatives live? I ask because I am also searching for Perry's in MI that I think may come from Canada. My husband swears one of his Grandmothers was full blooded Chippewa. The problems I can not find it. The Perry line is very hard to follow. I would love to trade some info and find out if there is some relationship to my husband. You can get a hold of me at CMPCAP@yahoo.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions