Search for content in message boards

LAUX/ACKERMANN FAMILIES OF TEXAS

LAUX/ACKERMANN FAMILIES OF TEXAS

Posted: 29 Dec 2005 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LAUX, ACKERMANN/ HANZ/HEINER
I am looking for anyone with info on these family names and any of their descendents.

Jacob Laux and Christine Catharine Ackermann. He was born @ 1818 in Nassau, Germany, she in 1829 (maybe Saxony, France), came to San Antonio, Bexar County aread with the German immigrants in the 1840's,
Children were:
Catherine...1841
August.....1849
Emma..... 1853
Jacob (Jr)..1855
Henry........1856
Herman.....1862
Emil (Amil)...1864
Carolina......1866

I would also be interested in finding out who Jacob and Christine's parents were. Willing to share the info that I have with any and all.
Thanks,
Sharon Long Starling

Re: LAUX/ACKERMANN FAMILIES OF TEXAS

Posted: 29 Dec 2005 9:23PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2006 9:24PM GMT
Bexar Co Records shows a Proof of Heirship of the Heirs of Jacob & Christina Lauz. It was dated Feb 26, 1917 and submitted by a J.P. Laux anda Herman Laux. The following information was listed within:

1 - Jacob Laux was married twice with the first marriage to Wilhemena Eschenbauer. One child was born of that marriage a Katherine Laux who married a Peter Ripstein.

2 - Peter Ripstein and Katherine Laux had; Artelia Ripstein (married Paul Bins), Minna Ropstein (married Otto Conrad) and Laura Ripstein (married Alfred Conrad)

Second marriage of Jacob Laux was to Christina Ackerman with the following information listed about their children:

(1) August Laux deceased married Louisa Nuebauer
(2) Emma Laux deceased married a Louis Seckel
(3) Jacob Laux deceased married Augusta Selcher
(4) Henry Laux deceased married Theresa Selcher
(5) Caroline Laux married Louis Neubauer
(6) Herman Laux
(7) Emil Laux died unmarried

August Laux left the following children; Katie married to Tom Pride, Ada married to William Hines

Emma Laux Seckel left the following children; Amelia married to Louis Hart, Lenora married to Harold Benovi

Jacob Laux left a son named Frank Laux

Henry Laux left a son named Joseph Laux.

Note related to any of this family line, just saw your posting. Hope some of the information might prove of help to your search.

Thanks ..... Jim

Bexar Co., Texas
Volunteer of Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness
at http://www.raogk.org/
"A Little Act Kindness Goes A Long Way"

Sharon Long Starling (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2005 12:25AM GMT
Surnames: LAUX/ ACKERMANN/ HANZ/HEINER
Jim,
Thank you so much for your reply. It help fill in a lot of spouses and children. I am working on this line for my son-in-law... just got started on it. Do you know where I could get an actual copy of the court record to which you referred? Thank you again. If you run across anything else, please let me know. Your post was truly an example of Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness. It was VERY helpful. Hope I can return the favor for someone soon.
Sharon

Posted: 30 Dec 2005 1:28AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2006 9:24PM GMT
You are most welcome Sharon. I would be happy to send you a copy of the record I referenced if you would like. Only need a good email address to send it to.

I found another affidavit about the death of Theresa wife of Henry Laux. This one idicates she died on Feb 28, 1911 and had a son and 2 daughters when she died. Appears that her maiden name was Schelcher and not Selcher as listed in the first one. Her mother was the informant and indicated that her daughter was born in San Antonio on Oct 31, 1859 and she married Henry Laux on Jan 19, 1879. Theresa's mother was named Catherine and she was born Dec 17, 1839 in Alsace France.

Another indicated that Herman Laux was married to a Annie Heiner.

AS I said I can send any of these to you as attachments in JPG format with a good email address that can accept attachments.

RAOGKJim

Sharon Long Starling (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2005 2:22AM GMT
Jim,
Thanks again. My email address is stasha@wfrmls.com. I would love for you to send any and all copies of documents and info that you have. You are wonderful. I will start filling names into the family group sheets.
Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions