Search for content in message boards

Hubble Family

Hubble Family

Carole Kline (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hubble, Hubbell, Wilson, Johnson, West, Langley
I have information on my St. Clair County, MI ancestors circa 1800's with the names Hiram Hubble, Mary Langley, Robert M. Wilson, Casco Twp., wife Sophia Bindewald, Frederick P. Wilson, wife Ella Hubble Wilson, both of Smith's Creek. Roswell Johnson, wife Catherine West of Wales Twp.. Looking for information to fill in gaps.

Hubble family

Posted: 19 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2005 10:47PM GMT
I'm doing research of the Hubel family from St. Clair co.,Michigan and while looking at this site came upon your question-I have the genealogy book on the Hubbell's and it states that Hiram D. Hubbell/le was a farmer of Smith's Creek,Michigan who married 1st-Ann Walker and they had Mary-b.-1848-d.-1863,Richard -b.-1851,Marcella-b.-1852-d.-1861,then he married Mary Elizabeth Langley and they had James E.-b.-1855,Nancy-b.-1857-m.-William W. Allen,Cora-b.-1859-m.-Charles J. McCormick,Ella -b.-1861-m.-F. P. Wilson,Bion G. -b.-1863/5-m.-Mrs. Mugridge,Elba-b.-1865,Elsie-b.-1868-m.-George C. Wallace,Edic=son-b.-1871,Harvey H.-b.-1874.If you need any other lookups let me know.If you should come across some Hubel's keep me in mind. Nancy Moshier nmos112303@cs.com

St. Clair County, Michigan Search

Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Bindewald
Robert Wilson came to St. Clair County, Michigan from Metuchen, New Jersey in late 1820's. Helped to build the Fort Gratiot lighthouse.He was a stone mason and settled in Casco Twp. Second wife was Sophia Bindewald from Germany. Their son was Frederick Phillip Wilson, born 1859,who later settled in Smith's Creek and married Ella Hubble. Their daughter, Maude Wilson b. April 7, 1895, d. July 29, 1990 is my grandmother. She lived in Smith's Creek and later Wales Twp. She married Obed Roswell Johnson in 1919. Want information on the Bindwalt and Wilson families.

Bindewald

Beth Lambert (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bindewald, Wilson
Sophia Bindewald's mother is Caroline Bindewald. Caroline immigrated from Germany with her three children, Christian, Sophia, and Fredrich. It is believed she settled in St. Clair County, Michigan. I also have Maude and Obed on my family tree. Will dig out more information....

Re: Hubble family

Posted: 15 Aug 2001 5:06AM GMT
Surnames: Hubbell,Wanner,Hohn,Morse
I am descended from Abel Jay Hubbell by his first wife(unknown).

Would love to get in contact and share information.

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 2:48AM GMT
Do you have information on the Hubbells in Canada? I am descended from Hiram D. Hubble, 5th child and son of Able Jay and Ann Reddick. Able and Ann followed some of their children to St. Clair County, Michigan. I have the same information as the other Abel Jay Hubbell searchers and am in contact with a descendant of Reddick Hubbell. I recently found the cemetery where Abel Jay and Ann are buried. My fellow searcher visted it and took pictures. It is in the middle of a soybean field and isn't accessible at this time. The land where the cemetery is located is privately owned. No burials have taken place there for years. Hiram and Mary (Polly) Williams are also there. Two other cemeteries that are accessible also are the resting places of Hubbles who came to St. Clair County and there may be more. I would like to share information with you.

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 3:02AM GMT
I just saw your message after all these months. My Hubble connection is Ella, daughter of Hiram amd Mary Langley. Ella married Frederick Wilson in Smith's Creek on November 16, 1886. Their chilren were; Henry, Stanley, Frederick H., George, Maude, Robert Mark, and Mona. They lived their entire married lives in Smiths Creek. My grandmother was Maude, who married Obed Roswell Johnson of Wales Township. I visited the Caswell Cemetery and Rattle Run Cemetery three weeks ago. I am familiar with Caswell since my grandparents and great-grandparents are buried there. Rattle Run (aka State Road Cemetery) was a revelation. Langleys are there as well as Hubbells. Their fist names are unfamiliar. At this point I'm not sure how they are connected.

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 3:26AM GMT
Please email me at zanyhubcap1@yahoo.com

We have a lot to talk about!

Posted: 12 Feb 2003 11:09PM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2003 10:52PM GMT
I have a new email address. More information on HUBBLE, JOHNSON, PLUMB, WILSON, families.

Re: St. Clair County, Michigan Search

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 11:10PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2005 12:13AM GMT
Hi Carole, Do you know when the Fort Gratiot lighthouse was built? My GGrandfather George T. Montgomery was living in Lakeport, Fort Gratiot Twp. in 1884. He was 28 yrs. old and a stone mason also. I'm wondering if that is why he was there. Thanks. Sally
per page

Find a board about a specific topic