Search for content in message boards

McCarthy's - NJ, I have lots of names and birthdays!

McCarthy's - NJ, I have lots of names and birthdays!

Layla Beach (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2000 11:33PM GMT
Looking for info on my great grandmother's family. She was CATHERINE (b. August 25, 1873 in Jersey City, New Jersey and d. November 29, 1955 in Jersey City, New Jersey). She married EDWARD WILLIAM FURLONG (b. March 11 1869 in County Wexford, Ireland). They were married at St. Paul's Roman Catholic Church, Jesey City, New Jersey on June 14, 1895.
Catherine's Godparents were LAWRENCE MCCARTHY and SARAH MCCARTHY.
Catherine's parents were JAMES MCCARTHY (b. March 1848 in County Mayo(?), Ireland and d. July 07, 1917 in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey) and MARGARET GIBBONS (b. 1851 in Ireland and d. Abt. 1890).
James and Margaret had 7 other children, THOMAS (b.November 12, 1875), JAMES (b.February 17, 1878), RICHARD(b.May 11, 1880) , MARGARET (b.May 21, 1882), SARAH (b. November 07, 1884), MARY (b.October 12, 1886)and WILLIAM (b.November 1889).
I have lots of other info about marriages and death dates, etc.
I would like to find out more about Catherine's parents and try to link up with Catherine's siblings ancestors.

William McCarthy of New Jersey

Jeri (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2000 10:19PM GMT
Layla,

I am interested in the information you have about the youngest son, William McCarthy, born in 1889. My grandfathers name was William Paul McCarthy. He lived in New Jersey and married Minnie Moore. In the 1920's they lived in Boonton, NJ. I do not know the year of his birth or marriage, but his first child, Alice, was born in 1919 or 1920. Is there any chance that the William in your family history is my grandfather. Please respond to jeri@camasnet.com. Thanks!

Mc Carthy

Ed (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2000 7:56AM GMT
My wifes mother was Margaret Mc Carthy befor she married to Salvatore Adevai in New Brunswick New Jersey.Margaret mother and father name was Elma and John Mc Carthy.I also is trying to fine info on this.I hope that I have help you in this.If by any chance you can help me I would be greatfull.AS i fine out things I'll let you know.Good luck and best wish's.
Ed.

William Paul McCarthy

Rosalyn Joyce McCarthy (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2000 8:13PM GMT
I would like to find my father.He is from ARKANSAS.I would like to say he was born in 1936,or around that time.He was a farmer,I guess.

Re: McCarthy's - NJ, I have lots of names and birthdays!

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 4:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
This is the first time I have seen this board. I have a Thomas J. McCarthy, son of Daniel McCarthy and his wife, Nora Coughlin from Kinsale, Cork, Ireland. Thomas came to NY in 1888 and married Mary Elizabeth Hurley in 1894. They name their first son Lawrence, second son Daniel, third son Harry. Any connections?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic