Search for content in message boards

Parrish Family in West Virginia

Parrish Family in West Virginia

Posted: 16 Jan 2002 3:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jan 2002 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Parrish
My grandfther was Delbert Lee Parrish of West Virginia..orginally from the Ripley area of WV. His father's name was Gilbert...who was married to Ida Hinzeman. My grandfather has 2 brothers Ray and Guy, and sisters Ruth and Gladys. His father had relatives which we think are brothers Everett and Edgar, or EK as I remeber one of them being called. I also recall he had an Aunt Nellie..and Aunt Sarrie(?). There was also a decendant that was a major in the Civil War...confederate. All are from the lower half of WV...however my grandfather and brothers, sisters etc, all moved to the Follansbee WV area in their early 20's. If anyonehas made connection to this Parrish family please let me know as most have passed and there is no one to ask. We are of Irish-Scotch decent we where told.

Re: Parrish Family in West Virginia

Kathe Parrish Parker (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2002 3:54AM GMT
Dear Kim:
There are a lot of Parrish out of Ripley, WV. Although I personally do not have record of your ancestor, I do have a lot of info. on the Ripley gang. They were caught up in the Civil War and were divided North to South. Edward Parrish/Rachel had 23 children. My own uncle today is Del Parrish, so the name is following down the line.
If I can help, just send a email. kparrish53 @aol.com
Good luck
Kathe Parrish parker

gina (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2002 9:03AM GMT
Kim,
I would be very interested in more info on your Parrish line. Please email me at ginakeitz@aol.com. I am trying to place your Edward/ Rachel in my line.

Gina

kathe parrish parker... please read last message i sent

gina (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2002 9:05AM GMT
I am desc from Edward Parrish and Elizabeth Gill

Posted: 15 Apr 2003 5:35AM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2003 5:20PM GMT
My Grandfather was Ray Denver Parrish of Follansbee WV. He worked for Follansbee Steel for years until he accepted an offer to work in Fontana, CA. He married Hazel Morgan of Follansbee.They had 2 children, Nancy and Charles (my father). I think Gilbert was a preacher from Ireland. Ida was of German decent.I also remember hearing something about Doe-Doe.

ben parrish (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2004 11:47PM GMT
there is a parrish family reunion in racoon, pa. on the first weekend of every august.

Posted: 4 Aug 2009 1:57PM GMT
William Mabius/Mebane/Mabins Parrish; bd.January 27, 1894 in Rougemont(Red Mountain), NC. Lived in MD, Was in WWI Marbache Sector. Many siblings, parents David or Edward/Edgar & Laura/Lara/Lura

He was a porter on the B & O RR as well as a mortician's helper.

My grandmother, his "wife" had told me that our family is of Scottish-Irish-English-Indian blood.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions