Search for content in message boards

Bounty on Rev. Comfort Waller of Genesee Co., NY

Bounty on Rev. Comfort Waller of Genesee Co., NY

Posted: 3 Oct 2003 12:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Apr 2004 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Waller
I have been researching my family for 16 years and have been stuck in determining the parents of my ancestor, Rev. Comfort Babcock Waller. He was born on July 24, 1813 in Genesee County and became a Free Will Baptist minister around 1830, married Nancy Batchelder and moved off to Ohio and later Wisconsin.

Due to the lack of information, I'm turning the the powers that be out on the Internet in hopes that someone will know something about this man and his origins. I will be more than happy to repay you for your research/information (within reason, of course). I'm hoping this "bounty" will catch someone's eye that is familiar with my ancestor so I can break through this brick wall. Thank you!!

Re: Bounty on Rev. Comfort Waller of Genesee Co., NY

Jack Copet (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2003 9:01PM GMT
Surnames: Waller
Just to bring this up to date if anyone is watching this (I hope so), it appears that most documents in Genesee county have been exhausted and that the Rev. Waller was not from Genesee county as was originally believed.

I still am keeping this "bounty" out there, as 15 years is a long time to focus on a person. Again, I'm hoping someone has come across this man or his family in their own research and would be willing to share this information. Thank you.

Posted: 10 Jun 2004 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: Waller, Batchelder, Hill, Chase
Correction to my original query. Further research shows that Comfort was actually born in Washington County, NY and moved to Medinah, Orleans Co., NY in 1825 with his mother Sarah and step-father David Hill. The family then moved to Batavia, Genesee County, NY around 1826/7. He married his wife Nancy Batchelder here and became a Freewill Baptist minister in Batavia as well. Then the family moved out to OH. It is believed that Comfort had a brother Milton E. and sister Mary (who married a man named Chase).

Posted: 7 Jul 2010 11:17PM GMT
There was a Joseph & Sarah (Morris) Waller of New Preston, CT ca 1755-72, who had Ashel, Silas, David, Comfort (fem), & Mary. Dad died & the 3 boys & mom moved to Portage Co, Oh by 1805. Hope this gives you a lead.....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions