Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 Outline Descendant Report

FTM 2012 Outline Descendant Report

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 6:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
With FTM 16, when I would print out their version of an Outline Descendant Tree, the program automatically noted "2nd husband of xxxxx". Since multiple marriages are quite common in this family (one cousin is on her SIXTH husband), that notation made it easier to keep track of additional spouses.

Is there a way for FTM 2012 to generate that "2nd husband of" notation?

I realize that the subsequent spouse is indented to the same point as the family member, but I am dealing with 7 generations (my grandfater + 6) and if I indent too much, then the 7th generation starts somewhere in the middle of the page.

Any ideas?

~Yvette

Re: FTM 2012 Outline Descendant Report

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 2:09PM GMT
There's no option to turn on notation of that sort. If tun you have Generation Number turned on, it's pretty easy to delineate though - descendants have a number next to them, and spouses just have a "+".

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 4:17PM GMT
Thanks, again, Sean!

DARN ... another disappointment with the upgrade! (I DO have the generation numbers enabled.)

The challenge is that there are family members who have MANY children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and the second spouse is at the end of that list ... many times on the next page or 2 of the print-out!

Also, there are family members who have children by multiple spouses!

Oh, well ..... (so sad).

~Yvette

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 5:59PM GMT
For anyone interested ... I found a solution to this problem: I created a new Fact and inserted it after the person's name!

Maybe this program is not as bad as I thought!

~Yvette

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 6:19PM GMT
what did you call your fact? This sounds like a good thing.

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 7:34PM GMT
The list of Facts available includes "Fact 1" ... so for the people that had or have multiple spouses, on the Person Page for the spouse, I added Fact 1 and in the description noted "2nd wife of xxxx" or "6th husband of xxxx" ... so when the person's name shows up on the tree, it can be determined how that person fits in.

I will just have to remember not to re-use "Fact 1" for anything else!

~Yvette

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 11:25PM GMT
Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions