Search for content in message boards

in FTM 2012 how do I find all people that have a source title that contains "(Bellevue)" without the quotes, for example.

in FTM 2012 how do I find all people that have a source title that contains "(Bellevue)" without the quotes, for example.

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Arens
In FTM 2012 how can I create a list of all people in my file who have a Source Title that contains "(Bellevue)" without the quotes, for example?

Re: in FTM 2012 how do I find all people that have a source title that contains "(Bellevue)" without the quotes, for example.

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 7:10PM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2013 7:11PM GMT
People Workspace, Family Tab

Filter Button at bottom of Index

Filter In

Other > Source Information > Contains > Bellevue

(check alternative facts if you wish.)

This same Filter interface is used at other places in the program: export, custom report, etc.

Re: in FTM 2012 how do I find all people that have a source title that contains "(Bellevue)" without the quotes, for example.

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 7:19PM GMT
Bob

You can do this with a custom report. Publish, Person Reports, Custom Report.

Under Individuals to Include select Selected Individuals and Filter In. In the window titled Filter Individuals by Criteria select the Other option. In the Search Where box select Source Information. Change the middle box from Exists to Contains. For Value inter the value you want to search on.

Following this procedure I was able to lsit every on who had a source with Colestown in the source tirle.

Curt

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 7:46PM GMT
Thank you. That is perfect .... exactly what I need.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic