Search for content in message boards

Elijah and Iven King: GA

Elijah and Iven King: GA

Brandi King (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 1:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2005 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: King
My husband's grandparents was Elijah and Iven King. Elijah was born in 1864 and died in 1940. They are buried in Maysville Ga.This is all the information I have.Any information would be appreciated.

Elijah

Sara (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 6:52PM GMT
I have also been looking for information on an Elijah King,but the one that I am searching out information on was married to Mary Ella Elizabeth Virginia Raven Winters,she was a cherokee from Georgia.This Elijah would have been born around the the same time as yours.He was my grandmothers grandfather and her mother was Lillie mae King Morrison.She had a brother named Douglas.If any of this sounds familiar let me know and we will compare notes.

Elijah King

Brandi King (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2000 3:02PM GMT
Sorry it took so long to reply. I asked my father-in law about the names you gave me and he didn't know any of them.Where was your Elijah born?What county? Thanks Brandi

ELIJAH

SARA (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2000 8:06PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I guess it is close but no go. I received some information from an aunt today in the mail. My Elijah was born about 1866,married about 1890 and died about 1924 in Brashear...Hopkins co. Texas. His father was William Thomas King, born about 1821 in Alabama and died in 1898 in Shiloh Alabama. He was married two times,1st was Mary Baker and 2nd was Elizabeth Jane Porterfield Odum.

Re: ELIJAH

Posted: 28 May 2005 1:34PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2005 2:52PM GMT
Surnames: King, Valliant
I am searching for the children of Thomas R. King
and Sarah Valliant King. They were married 1821
Madison COunty Al. I know the names of many of
their children, but there are two missing sons. I thought
maybe your William Thomas, might relate. Do you know
where in Alabama William Thomas, was born.
Jane Sparks

judi crockett (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2005 6:24PM GMT
Jane: I am also interested in this group of kings. My husband' gggggrandfather was Joel King who married Nancy Cheatham in Madison Co. Ala. in 1818. I suspect that there is a connection between these Kings but as yet, can find none. Any information that you have would be appreciated. judi

jane sparks (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2005 1:15AM GMT
Surnames: king
Thomas R. King was born about 1795 Kentucky.
His wife Sarah Valliant King was born 1-24-1796
Dorchester COunty Md. Her parents were Robert
Spencer Valliant, and Martha "Patty" Hurlock.
Their children that came to Burleson Co. Texas
1852, Perry D. , James Miller , Armilda, Nancy,
Martha, and Robert W. I am related thru Armilda
King, who married Fielding Loyd Webster 1840
Jackson Ms. Most of their children were born in Al.
But Robert W. puts Tennessee, as his birth place.
They can be found in the 1850 Marshall County Ms.
Census. e-mail with what you have. And I will send
you the info., that I have on the Kings in Marshall
Co. Ms.

judi crockett (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2005 2:44AM GMT
Jane: I have given you what I know, or thereabouts. Joel Cebern(Seaborn)King married Nancy Cheatham in Madison County Alabama in 1818. They had two children while there: Andrew Jackson and Fountain. They then moved to Marion County Arkansas. Given the marriage date, it is assumed that Joel was born somewhere in the 1790's. According to census records, 1793, but those are often wrong. There were several Kings married at about the same time-- an Elijah, Elisha, Henry, Isaac, James, John, Reuben, Stephen, Thomas (married to a sarah valient) and a William. Somewhere theere must be a connection. judi
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions