Search for content in message boards

Fleming from Mississippi

Fleming from Mississippi

Posted: 3 Nov 2000 10:19AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2001 5:15PM GMT
Would like to contact any relatives in MS in regards to Fleming Family. My grandfather E. Yates Fleming m. Grace Taylor. I believe in the early 1920's, in Attala County, the McCool, Kosciusko, Jackson area.
Grace Taylor had about 5 sisters, Gladys, Kathryn among them. My grandfather Yates had one sister that I know of named Madiera. Any help is much appreciated.

Fleming in Mississippi

Posted: 3 Nov 2000 10:25AM GMT
If you have any information, please contact me at tlcjones@aol.com. Thank you again.

Mississippi Fleming Family

Earl Wayne Gray (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 10:39AM GMT
Interesting how we stumble upon things. Looking for Gold and find your inquiry. My Mother is a Fleming. Her (My Grandfather) Father's name was Ramsey Paden Fleming. They lived in Tishomingo County Mississippi near Tishomingo, MS. His family ranged from east Texas, N. MS. N. AL. Unfortunately I do not have too much information to give you. I wish this was not true because I am interested myself. I know only one of my Grandfathrs brothers who lived at Shackelburg, AL. who had a family of 14 children. Most of them are deceased by now. My grand father had three children, my Mother Carrie Vance now 90 yo living in Belmont, MS, her brother Tulon Wheler Fleming, now deceased, and brother Earl Fleming, deceased. There was one of my grandfather's brothers working with the Rail Road and went to Texas and was never heard of again. I think his name was Aunie Fleming. I have always wondered if the Fleming Food Company was founded by him or one of his sons? Randle Fleming was one of Uncle Maccus Flemings sons who worked with NASA in Houston. I never knew them very well. I'm going to Tishomingo this Thanksgiving to visit Mom if there is any thing you want me to ask her then send me an e-mail at [e_gray@excite.com] and I will let you know the answer if there is one. Sincerely, Earl Gray

Mississippi Fleming Family

Posted: 29 Nov 2000 2:05PM GMT
Hello Earl,
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have been doing a little more digging. I haven't been able to connect with any of the names you presented. Here is what I have. Let me know if you connect with any of them.
My father and grandfather were E. (Emanuel) Yates Fleming Jr. and Sr. respectively. My grandfather had at least one brother that I know of named Bryce or Brice. Two sisters that I know Lois and Maderia. Lois lives or lived in Greenville, some part of the Mississippi Delta. I think Washington County.
I think Maderia may still live in Jackson. My grandfather was from a town called Kosciusko and my grandmother Grace Taylor, her family from French Camp or McCool. My grandfathers father was E. T. Fleming and his wife Martha Yates. Any of this ring a bell?

Re: Fleming in Mississippi

Posted: 14 Aug 2001 10:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jun 2002 6:54PM GMT
Hello Joan,
Which Fleming folk are you looking for and where in MS?
Debbie

Re: Fleming in Mississippi

Posted: 14 Aug 2001 11:09PM GMT
Hello Debbie,
I am looking for the Fleming's that settled in or near McCool, Jackson area. My grandfather married one of the Taylor girls from McCool. Let me know if you know of anyone by the name of Fleming. Thanks!

Re: Mississippi Fleming Family

Francine Andrews (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2003 8:44PM GMT
Surnames: FLeming, Jones, Martin, McLean, Andrews, Gray, Ferguson, Vance
Hi Joan - Just found your message about family research. The Flemings in Attala Co, and South MS, Elcy Fleming married to Robert Martin was my gggg grandmtr. If you have any info about Alexander Fleming of Kershaw SC who I believe might be her father, I hope you will share with me. I'll be glad to do the same.

Joan Fleming Jones (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2003 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: Flemings of SC
Hello Francine,
Thank you for your e-mail. What time period are you looking at for your Alexander Fleming? I don't recognize the daughter's name Elcy. Is that short for something? I would have to do a little more searching on a Robert Martin. We have quite a Fleming Group with which we communicate all over the country so I could ask around. What I do know is that we have an Alexander Fleming that lived in SC. I'll have to look up exactly where though. He had three other brothers and his father's name was Robert. All of the brothers were soldiers in the American Revolution. Alexander was taken prisoner by the British and subsequently died of pneumonia in a British prison camp. I know he was married at the time but I don't know too much about him as I am descended from his brother Elijah.
If I can connect us in some way I would be more than happy to share what I have. Give me a little more detail and I'll see what I can dig up. You can e-mail me directly at tlcjones@aol.com. ( I also go by the name of Jo)
With best regards
Jo Jones

Earl W Gray (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2003 10:28AM GMT
Joan Jones, thank you for reply. I believe my Great Grandmother's name was Martha and I've been told that she died at an early age leaving her children to be brought up by their Father. Their names were Aunnie [sp], Mackus, Purvas [sp] and my Grand Father Ramesy Paden Fleming. There was I think one daughter but I can't remember the name. I know that for a while the family may have lived in east Texas before relocating to MS. I'm really not sure as I just don't have any information and all of my immediate family on the Fleming side is now deceased except my Mother who is 93 and failing fast. It would be nice to find some long lost relative.

Posted: 24 May 2004 5:26PM GMT
Hello,
I am descended from Robert Martin's brother,Samuel, and Elcy Flemings sister, Rebecca Fleming Martin. Samuel and Rebecca were in Mississippi circa 1843, in Perry county from 1850 through 1870 and in Old Pike (now Marion) county,Ms in 1870.

I believe that Elcy and Rebecca are daughters of Alexander Fleming of SC. I know that Robert and Samuel are sons of Samuel Martin who died in Kershaw co,SC in 1809.

Do you know any more of these two families? I have some info but it is sketchy in parts, especially the Fleming line.

Thank you very, very much
Leila Mayberry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic