Search for content in message boards

Script Errors when using Bing Maps

Script Errors when using Bing Maps

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 9:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
I recently downloaded the Bing Maps and was exploring the application. When listing places by people, some times it works fine and other times it doesn't. For instance: my sister's places all show up when I click the check marks. Her birth in Indiana, grade school in FL, college in TN, exchange program in Italy, grad school in MI. But when I pull up my father, none of his places show up on the map, and I get a green bar across the top that looks like a loading bar. If I click on any one of his places I get a script error. I took a screen shot of it, but it's too small to make anything out. I saw this mentioned on a post from 2 years ago, but the message that posted a screen shot was never replied to, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

The message starts with the ! inside the yellow yield sign.
"An error has occurred in the script on this page"
"Line: 1"
"Char: 1"
"Error: Unable to get value of the property 'Add Shapre': object is null or undefined."
"Code: 0"
"URL: http://service.familytreemaker.com/OhanaService/views/Places..."
"Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"
"Yes" "No"

I get this on various people. Should I uninstall Bing Maps and then re-install it?

FYI: FTM 2012 was installed in Nov. 2012. I am using Windows 7, and either Chrome or Firefox, both of which are up to date. I have included "County" after all county names in the US. Sometimes FTM liked that, and sometimes it didn't.

Re: Script Errors when using Bing Maps

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 2:10AM GMT
Some script errors in FTM are caused by toolbars in IE, even if the toolbars are hidden. Check your Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs for Yahoo! toolbar, Bing toolbar, Ask toolbar, etc. and remove them.

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 9:09PM GMT
I don't use IE. I use either Firefox or Chrome. It's not a consistent error. I get the message with some people but not all.

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 1:03AM GMT
You use IE when you're in FTM, it's hard-coded so you don't have a choice. Check control panel for plug-ins, it's a pretty common problem.

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 8:31PM GMT
Oh. Ok. Have removed Bing Bar. I didn't see any of the others or any other toolbars. I will restart FTM and see what happens.

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 8:41PM GMT
Well, that didn't change anything. I will just not try to use this feature. Thanks for your help.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 3:02PM GMT
The only other thing that comes immediately to mind is make sure your IE is fully up to date. Often people ignore the updates if they use other browsers for their Web work, but since FTM is using IE it's important to have all the updates in place.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 3:25PM GMT
Ok, thanks for that heads up. I will try that next.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic