Search for content in message boards

J.F and M.J Edwards

J.F and M.J Edwards

Posted: 8 Mar 2009 2:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
ANYONE !!!!!!! Looking for any Edwards who's name started with J.F. All I know is that this Edwards had a son named
Stephen W. Edwards b. 1830. Stephen's headstone read son of
J.F & M.J. Edwards. Stephen was born in Kentucky. Guessing that his parents were born sometime around the 1800's.

Re: J.F and M.J Edwards

Posted: 9 Mar 2009 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: Edwards, Paddock, Jones
Where and when did your Stephen W. Edwards die? Where is he buried? This appears to be him in the 1850 Census.

1850 United States Federal Census > Kentucky > Washington > Not Stated
133-133
Samuel Paddock 53 m farmer KY
Francis Paddock 48 f KY
Mary J Paddock 25 f KY
Allen Paddock 19 m KY
Drucilla Paddock 17 f KY
George W Paddock 15 m KY
Malinda Paddock 10 f KY
Samuel H Paddock 8 m KY
Stephen W Edwards 20 m KY

Washington Co, KY Marriage Book 1, page 182
9/6/1819
Samuel Paddock to Frances Jones

My Edwards family was also from Washington/Marion County Kentucky though I don't know of a Stephen in my family.

Posted: 10 Mar 2009 2:29PM GMT
hi i am looking for leah edwards she married some one simpson and had a son called ian they live in sacramento the last time i heard

Posted: 23 Mar 2009 5:33PM GMT
Stephen was born in Kentucky January 1830. Already found him in the 1850 census. Stephen died January 1853 and is buried in Abner Creek Cenetry, Danville Indiana. On his headstone read "son of J.F & M.J Edwards". Can't find any info prior to the 1850 census.

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Edwards
The closest that I can come is James Franklin Edwards who was born 10/10/1813 in Washington (now Marion) Co., KY. He is not known to have married until 1846. He would have been 32 years old at the time of this marriage so I guess he could have been married before but I do not know anything about it. The reason that I think it may be possible is that in the 1850 census he had a 14 year old male named James T. Edwards living in his household. This is close to the age of the James Edwards who is buried near Stephen Edwards in the Abner Creek Cemetery.

1850 United States Federal Census, Kentucky, Boyle, District 1
85-93
James F Edwards 31 m farmer 880 KY
Martha A Edwards 27 f KY
Sarah C Edwards 3 f KY
Josephine Edwards 2 f KY
James T Edwards 14 m KY

Re: Leah Edwards- Sacramento, CA

Posted: 27 Mar 2009 1:29PM GMT
Hi Susan:
When did Leah live in Sacramento? Do you have any idea of when Ian, or Leah were born? Even a guess will help. I am the board host & will help if I can, but need more to go on.

Are these ancestors, or living people?
Marge

Posted: 22 Jan 2010 8:01PM GMT
Not sure if I ever answered your question about Stephen W. Edwards that was on the 1850 census with Drucella.
Stephen was Drucella's first husband. Married August 1850.
They had two sons, which shows up in the 1860 census with Drucella after she remarried to Adam Young. Stephen died 1853.

Posted: 2 Sep 2010 3:13AM GMT
hey stephen w. edwards is my gg grand father I think you have spoken with my cousin Van Adams. I think the only way to find info on him is obits in kentucky and Indiana. his marriage record does not have anything of use. so if you locate anything please let me know. thanks Cindy Edwards Chenault at cchollywood13@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions