Search for content in message boards

ZOULEK-Bohemia JOZIFEK-Moravia

ZOULEK-Bohemia JOZIFEK-Moravia

Posted: 2 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 6:35AM GMT
Surnames: Zoulek, Jozifek, Josifek, Kalal, Hajicek, Chudej, Kunt, Kuntz, Zelena, Divis, Ludvik, Ludvig
Seeking information on any ZOULEK line. My line traces back to Smolec, Bohemia, but I am trying to connect it with two other ZOULEK lines. ZOULEK related surnames are CHUDEJ, HAJICEK, KUNT or KUNTZ and STEJSKAL. Also researching information about the JOZIFEK or Americanized JOSIFEK family who came from Moravia. Related surnames are ZELENA, DIVIS and LUDVIK or LUDVIG.
Posted: 10 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 6:35AM GMT
Surnames: Jozifek
The only Joseph JOZIFEK near the right age that I've seen anything about is a Joseph who traveled on the ship Herman 6/19/1869. The record stated he was born in 1855 so he would have been 14. Could be yours. In Cedar Rapids there was a Joe, but he was born in 1874.

Josifek research

Posted: 10 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2003 4:24AM GMT
Surnames: JOSIFEK, JOSEPH
I am researching the family of Joseph JOSIFEK, b. approx. 1856, came to USA then to Iowa about age 18 from Prague. That is all that we know. Parents? Brothers and sisters? He d. 1894, Williamsburg, Iowa. He is my husband's great grandfather. The only family story was that his parents sent him to America to avoid a draft for military. There are some JOSIFEKs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA, that are believed to be cousins, but never made a contact. Any info would be helpful.
Karen JOSEPH, 2587 L Avenue, Williamsburg, IA 52361 USA

Re: ZOULEK-Bohemia JOZIFEK-Moravia

Posted: 25 Nov 2007 7:19PM GMT
I am of the Zelena line from Czechoslovakia. Migrated to Eastern PA, USA in 1903-4.

What is your common tie to Zelena?

-John

Re: ZELENA

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 3:13AM GMT
John

You have a precise place of birth for your ancestor?
Since 1993 Czechoslovakia is Czech Republic and Slovak Republic.

Posted: 27 Nov 2007 12:54PM GMT
I do not have a place of birth. I will continue searching and get back to you if I can find more information.

thanks

Posted: 27 Nov 2007 6:38PM GMT
John

Sometimes the first name is a clue. Do you know their first name? Another clue, religion.
Have you found your ancestors on 1930 census? That is the census that would say Na-naturalized, Al-alien or Pa-first paper.

Posted: 27 Nov 2007 9:41PM GMT
First name was John Zelena. I have found the 1930 census and it states AL for alien. Have not found record on any of the immigration records. There is a John that shows up that moved to Alleghany, PA, but this is the incorrect person. My ancestor moved to Northampton, PA area.

I will check out the additional sites you provided. thanks

Posted: 27 Nov 2007 10:06PM GMT
Your welcome.

If your ancestor lived pass 1940 and not naturalized than he had to fill out an Alien Registration Form.
Do you know if he filled out a Draft Registration Form?
He could have come as Janos - Hungarian for John.
What language?

Posted: 27 Nov 2007 10:28PM GMT
Origins are Czechoslovakia...but language German from what I found on the 1930 census. I am currently checking Alien registrations. He was born in abt. 1885 so may have passed away before 1940!? I have to check I have the death date but not here with me now.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions