Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 - Birth / Death Dates no showing on Pedigree Chart

FTM 2012 - Birth / Death Dates no showing on Pedigree Chart

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 4:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
I cannot figure out why Birth and Death dates for some of the ancestors shown on a Pedigree Chart do not show up. When I create a Family Tree Chart that includes those same individuals, the B / D dates DO show up.

What am I missing?

~Yvette

Re: FTM 2012 - Birth / Death Dates no showing on Pedigree Chart

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 5:38AM GMT
When did you last compact your file?

Tools>Compact

There could be other reasons but try this first

John D

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 12:36PM GMT
John, I saved and compacted last night before quitting for the day. Checked out the Saved Chart this morning and it still does not show the missing dates.

Tried reducing the number of generations, and SOME of the dates show up but not all. Again, ALL dates show up on the Family Tree Chart (so the information is where it needs to be).

Any other ideas?

~Yvette

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 1:02PM GMT
I assume that you file also has media so try this

Back up your main file and store it safely

Create a new file in FTM with one person in it

Now merge your existing file into the new file

Then delete the one person or if it is the same as one in the main file merge it

Compact the file

Now try the reports and charts

What happens?

John D

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 3:07PM GMT
Have you played around with options in the right panel.

The first one that comes to mind is decrease the number of generations.

Then change spacing from Squished or whatever to something else.

Etc.

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 3:23PM GMT
Yes, silverfox, I tried reducing the number of generations, changing the box size, overlapping (etc) ....

What I am working on now is trying to clean-up the database. Years ago I downloaded the tree of another cousin who had done extensive research on his branch and (not knowing any better at the time) I ended up with a bunch of duplicates and differences in how the data was entered.

SO ... I have run an Errors Report ... trying to eliminate duplicates and other errors. I keep saving along the way. I am hoping that once I am done,the Charts will work right.

~Yvette

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 3:51PM GMT
Have you double-checked the "items to include" as well as the "font size" and "box and line styles" options?

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 4:00PM GMT
Yes I did ... also Page Set-up (allowing smallest margins that are printable)... there is plenty of room vertically and by restricting the number of generations and overlapping the columns, there is sufficient room horizontally. Thanks for the thought, though!

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 7:39PM GMT
UNBELIEVABLE ... the problem was related to the fact that the Pedigree chart was set for Book format ... when I finally thought to change it to Poster format (since that was just about the ONLY thing I had not fiddled with) ...

VOILA .. all dates included! In fact, I was able to expand it one more generation!

The bad news is that I have been working on this since last night ... the good news is that I have cleaned up my database very nicely!

Thanks to all who offered helpful suggestions!

~Yvette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic