Search for content in message boards

Chapman's from York

Chapman's from York

Marcia Chapman Cunningham (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chapman, Sedgwick, Youdan
Looking for any Chapmans in York or Yorkshire for the 1700s to present. I have dates and records, my Grandfather was Thomas Patrick Chapman born in Aug 1, 1880 and his father John Chapman was born Dec 2,1846 and married Elizabeth Robinson born 1846 died 1927. John's Father Martin Sedgwick Chapman married Jane Youdan on April 19, 1841. Many children from each level. Christenings and marriages took place at St. Michaels the family was Catholic at that time. One of the siblings was Valentine Chapman. Willing to share more detail, please contact

Chapmans in York

Marcia Cunningham (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Chapman, Sedgwick, Robinson
Do you have a birthdate for your 4G father Joseph Chapman. I do have one in my tree, and do you know any siblings names. I have one as an Uncle

Yorkshire Chapmans

Posted: 9 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2004 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Chapman, Bartendale Oates
My 4xgrt.grandfather was William Chapman who married Frances Bartendale Oates at Parish Church of Ecclesfield Sheffield Yorkshire Dec.25 1845 fathers name Joseph Chapman and James Oates.

Joseph Chapman

Posted: 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2004 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Chapman
In response to your Yorkshire Chapmans query, unfortunately I do not have a birth date for Joseph, the only info. I have is from the marriage certificate of William Chapman his son to Frances Bartendale Oates. They married on the 25th Dec.1845 and both show place of residence as Wortley Yorkshire. William shown as full age,and a Cutler, Frances as a minor. Joseph chapman shown as a Smith. The names James, Joseph, Edward, and Thomas have been in all generations.

Chapman in Yorkshire

Jenny Chapman (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CHAPMAN
Hi,

Thomas CHAPMAN chr.1785 Skelton NR, m.Mary Greenit 3/8/1807 Guisborough,NR. Yorkshire.

Any chance of a connection.

Re: Chapman's from York

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 7:59PM GMT

Re: Chapman's from York

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Chapman
Hi Marcia,
I know this is a long time after your original post.

I have a similar chapman- robinson link to you. My link comes from Elizabeth Cage , who married a Robert Robinson was widowed and married John Thomas Chapman, who had Florence (My Grandmother) , Frederick and George as children according to my research. I have Elizabeth Cage born in 1851 though in Kings Lynn. I suspect they may be the same people and I may have the details slightly wrong- I do remember being a bit puzzled about something when I was following this thread, so I would be happy to hear from you and see if we can make a link.

Martin Clowes
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions