Search for content in message boards

Obit help? Greeley family of Gem & Canyon Counties in Idaho

Obit help? Greeley family of Gem & Canyon Counties in Idaho

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 9:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

I am hoping to locate obituaries for some family members of mine. They lived in Gem County and Caldwell Counties. I am hoping to get information from their obituaries, if they exist, and also prove burial location for two of them.

These first two are Miron Sylvester Greeley, died 6 July 1941 in Emmet, Gem County. I'd like to prove where he is buried. The second is his wife, who died 23 Feb 1966 in Caldwell, Canyon County. For both, I presumed they are buried in the same cemetery as their daughters (Canyon Hill Cemetery) but I have not yet proven this.

Their daughter Carol D. (Greeley) Eggers died 28 May 1995 in Idaho (assumed Canyon County). I would like to find an obituary for her, if possible. I know that she is buried in Canyon Hill Cemetery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm from Wisconsin and don't have any familiarity with records in Idaho.

Thank you,
Jade

Re: Obit help? Greeley family of Gem & Canyon Counties in Idaho

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 9:07PM GMT
Hi Jade, According to Idaho Family Scanners website (website link below), the following people are buried in the Canyon Hill Cemetery, 2024 North Illinois Avenue, Caldwell, Idaho 83605-2078,(208) 455-3055.

Eggers, Carol Greeley (1895-1995)
Greeley, Matilda A (1872-1966)
Greeley, Myron Sylvester (1857-1941)
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~idfs/Cems/ch_e-g.htm

To get obituaries, you can contact the Idaho State Archives (Boise, Idaho), phone 208-334-2620 or email public.archives@ishs.idaho.gov. Here is their website: http://history.idaho.gov/archives-collections. They have the newspapers on microfilm.

I hope this helps. Virginia Vaught (Canyon County USGENWEB Coordinator)

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 9:11PM GMT
Thank you very much for the information! I appreciate it!

Posted: 19 Sep 2013 6:20AM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2013 6:21AM GMT
Surnames: Eggers
Hi Jade,
I don't have the obits, but just for your information:

Go to the web site for the Boise, Idaho library- http://www.boisepubliclibrary.org/
Click on Research on the left side. Click on Genealogy and scroll down. Click on Obituary Index. Enter a name ( I just put in the Eggers name and got a lot of hits.)

Eggers, Carol D. The Idaho Statesman. May 30, 1995 p. 4B (DN)
Eggers, Carol D. Greeley The Idaho Statesman. June 1, 1995 p. 5B (DN)

The index is only from 1964 to the present time. This information will help a researcher pinpoint the obituary for you.

You didn't give a name for Miron's wife.Is it Matilda?
Greeley, Matilda A. Idaho Daily Statesman. Feb. 24, 1966 P.2-D (DN)
Greeley, Matilda Idaho Daily Statesman. Feb. 26, 1966 P.14 (OB)

*DN - Death Notice
*OB - Obituary

Best regards,
Eellitta

Posted: 19 Sep 2013 3:42PM GMT
Yes, Matilda was his wife's name, I didn't even realize I forgot to write it in my original post. Thank you very much for the information!

Thanks,
Jade
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions