Search for content in message boards

NEED HELP

Posted: 31 Oct 1999 7:44AM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 8:20PM GMT
Can anybody connect all these names? They are from a deed dated October 21, 1891 by Preston Davis (476 acres stretching from Back Creek, Bell County, Kentucky to Log Mountain in Claibourne County, Tennessee)...

Henry Davis, b: abt 1833, wife Hester Ann ?, b: 1834...
Russell Davis, b: 1839, wife possibly Sarah Sowders, b: 1871...
Preston Davis, b: 1839 (also have found 1823) d: bet 1891 -1895 possibly, wife Frankie Hatfield, b: 1848...
Thomas Davis, b: 1840, wife Delila ?, b: 1845...
John R Davis, b: 1825, wife Emaline ?, b: 1835...
William R Davis, b: 1834, wife Rowene Rains, b: 1838...
James Davis, b: 1844, wife Mary Turner, b: 1847...
Lee Davis, b: 1865, wife Gemima (Mima or Minny) Jones, b: 1852 (Gemima, who is my gg grandmother first married Green Reynolds, my gg grandfather in 1868 and they had a son Lafayette Reynolds, my g grandfather who disappeared; she then married Lee Davis abt 1874)(Lee and Mima moved to Pruden, Tennessee between 1891 and 1895)....
J Craig Davis, b: 1858, wife possibly Mosey...
Joseph C Davis, b: 1852, wife Mary E Sowders, b: 1854...
John W Davis, b: ?, wife Tilda...
Richard Davis, b: abt 1823, wife Sally Harp...
Sarah Davis, b: 1854, husband, Wiley Jones, b: abt 1852...
Polly Matilda Davis, b: 1853, husband, Daniel Reese Sowders, b: 1853...
Caroline Jones, b: 1876, husband, ? Davis...
Sarah (Sally) Moore, b: ?, husband Preston Davis, b: abt 1795...
Sarah Turner, b: ?, husband possibly Preston Davis, b: abt 1795...
Richard Davis, b: abt 1739, wife Elizabeth Preston, b: abt 1743...
Preston Davis, b: abt 1765, wife ?
Elizabeth Davis, (no information)
Jack Davis, (no information)
Margaret Rains (possibly mother of above Henry Davis, John R Davis, William R Davis, Elizabeth Davis), husband ? Davis...

I know there are several people searching these lines...
Will appreciate all the help I can get to straighten out the relationship of the above persons... Have more information to share.... Thanks, Bill

Davis

carol ferguson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 1999 8:54AM GMT
Bill Reynolds I found your names while searching. I have been looking for Davis' for tomany years to say. My Davis' come from Maryland and Virginia, but I think you may be interested to the the Magazine Diggin for Davises which has a lot of names in Ten if you are interested contact me at: kcferg@toledointernet.net and I will give you the address of this magazine. Hope it helps Carol

Davis

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 1999 12:34PM GMT
Bill Reynolds: Hi I found the information for you and by the way I am glad you answered. I have been after Davis' for ever so long. I am looking for a Joshua that lived in Maryland and had a son John B.Davis and married a Elsie Biggerstaff.I will share any information I can so any time you have a name give me a shout. Now for the information you asked for. The magazine is Diggin'for Davises at Golden West Marketing at 10512 Lower Azusa Road, Suite 162, ElMonte, Californai 91731-1296. Fax 626-3091610. The fee is $13.00 a year and he has lots of people from N and S Carolina, Tenn. and Missippi. Unfortunately he does not have and e-mail address, but he helped me get some of my people in order. Also there is a place that does have a e-mail you might try davisclearinghouse.com and I purchased a book from Betty Pond Snyder called Pioneer Pond People and Allied Families which a goodly amount of information on the Davis. I don;t have her address before me but I can find it if you are interested. The book is about $25.00, or was. I hope I have helped you and if you would like any of my information just let me know. If you have an e-mail I can write I will give you what I have just give me some information such as dates to go by. Hope I helped. Give a yell any time Good hunting Carol

Need Help- Bill Reynolds

Anna (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 1999 5:27PM GMT
My grandpa was Murrel Davis, his dad was Henry Clay Davis who was married to Ollie H. Walker. Henry Clays dad, I am do not know his parents name but he was born around 1878.His dad could of been named Henry as well. I know that they came from around Tennessee but, thats all I know. Please e-mail me and tell me if this Henry had children and their names please. I can't locate anything so far on Henry Clay Davis .My e-mail is davids@ipa.net. Thank you Sincerly Anna

Davis

Bill Reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 1999 12:26PM GMT
Bill I found a Turner in my magazine Diggin for Davies which statesA Theodorus Davis native of Virginia married Joanna Grimes of Ky on 1802. Theodorus and Joanna Daivs moved to St Clair Ill about 1822. Children: Sally married a John Turner, Sarah could possibly be the sister of John. This maybe a connection. I will keep looking for more clues. If you would like to have more information of this magazine contact me at kcferg@toledointernet.net Hope to hear from you Carol
Posted: 20 Nov 2000 10:39AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 7:03PM GMT
Bill I am searching what information for that Name. I keep thinking that the family moved to Maryland in the late 1780's. I found several Joshua's who I think is the father of John and am moving in that direction. Thanks will keep in touch. Carol

John B. Davis

Ronald Kehm (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2001 4:42PM GMT
Hi....I am the grandson of Ray Ellsworth Davis borne 1894 in Ft Dodge Iowa.
His father was Elmer E Davis borne 1861 Mercer, Pa. And His Father was John B. Davis borne 1821.
John B. Davis was married to Margaret Hill... This is as far as we have been able to go back on this side of the
family. Any chance you might be able to help? Not sure if John B Davis who was my gggrandfather is the same one you are
tracing.

Thanks in advance.

Ronald Kehm

Re: Theodorus Davis

Glenn Wagers (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2001 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davis
Carol or Bill,

I just read the message about Theodorus Davis and Joanna Grimes with great interest. I am descended from Theodorus Davis, Sr. (wife unknown). Theodorus (b. abt 1775) was one of the first settlers in Macoupin Co., IL. One of the county histories states that Theodorus moved to Macoupin Co from St. Clair Co. about 1824.

Theodorus children (per the same history) are:
Theodorus Davis, Jr. md. Jane Burleson in Aug 1828 in what was then Greene Co., later became Macoupin Co.
John Little Davis
Beden (alt. spellings Beaden, Bidin, Belden) Davis b. 6 Aug 1809 in KY md. 26 June 1829 in Macoupin Co., IL to Mary Hodges b. 26 June 1811 in TN (my ancestor)
William H. H. (probably Henry Harrison) Davis
Morgan Davis
Oliver C. Porter Davis
Polly Davis md. David Gregory
Sallie Davis md. John Tomer

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 5:24PM GMT
Glen
I Too am descended from Theodorus thru Beden & Mary Hodges to Seth Thomas & Rachel A. Gorby to Beden F. & Georgianna Lachappelle to Leone & Leta Grace Hanson. I am looking for information on Theodorus's ancestors, do you have any of that.
Mike Pierce.

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 6:16PM GMT
Glenn,

I am a descendant of Morgan Thomas Davis, who I have not yet been able to verify, the son of Theodorus Davis, Jr. I would love any information, records, pics, etc. that you have. My father - Curtis Davis - has a very thick record book that might be of help to you, but it doesn't go beyond Morgan Thomas Davis (b. between 1792 to 1795).

Thank you,
Mitchell Graham Davis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions