Search for content in message boards

Norwegian Letters Translation Help Needed

Norwegian Letters Translation Help Needed

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 1:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have several family letters from Norway and need help/direction in getting them translated. Any suggestions? I can post them on here if it helps. Thank you for any suggestions.. I have tried many avenues....Tamara

Re: Norwegian Letters Translation Help Needed

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 7:54PM GMT
Post them on here!

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 3:45PM GMT
Thank you Harald!!! Been trying to post the first letter since you answered but this system won't let me post...says having trouble with their system. I've tried several different formats and sizes. Got any other ideas?

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 4:56AM GMT
Just a test (Attach a file) and (Attach another file)
Attachments:

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 4:58PM GMT
Trying again..... page one
Attachments:

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 5:02PM GMT
Page two... guess my previous trys the file was too large
Attachments:

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 5:03PM GMT
Page three
Attachments:

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 5:05PM GMT
page 4 thank you for any help or suggestions on my 4 pages norwegian family letter!!!
Attachments:

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 12:24AM GMT
Hi

Here is how I translage page one:

Aales. 5 dec. 27 (1927)
Dear Amandus, Ragnvald and children
First of all we want to wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year.
We should have written earlier and said thank you for the letter we received last year, but it seems like it only is one letter a year. Probably because of the long distance.
We found it painful for you all to loose Jenny and should have answeered the letter at once. We sent it to Anna and asked her to write and she promised to do so.
Often wonder how you and the children are doing now, hope you send us a small photo of all 3 of them.
We have the photo of the youngest at the desktop. Think his name was Nordman. Has he started attending school? Bodil was 4 years old the other day og want to start to read and write at once, but she will have to wait until she is 6 years old

--------
Vivi

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 1:02AM GMT
Hi

Here is how I translate page two:

At Mattland's place everything is well. They lost their 8th (a little girl) last february. She was about one year old at the time. The others are healthy and handsome. The oldest is confirmated and employed in his uncle's store as an errand boy. The next (Johanne) is at home and is a grown, clever girl and helps her mother. The others are attending school and the two youngest have not started attending school.
From Anna we just got a letter. She enjoys well living with the priest and his family in Nordland and is excited about the nature and the midnight sun. You probably hear from her now and then although she is not among the most frequent in this respect. But she is very busy in her work and social life. It is usually the priest in the district who starts the different missionary assosiations, choir and women's association and I guess she is a part of these.
We hear nothing at all from Nik sailor

---------------
Vivi
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions