Search for content in message boards

New weird hints behavior in FTM2012

New weird hints behavior in FTM2012

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Lately when I click on the leaf for a profile in my FTM file, about 10% of the time, I get the "sorry no results" screen, and then leaf goes away, even if there were supposedly 10+ tree hints and 1 or more records hints. The leaf never returns. However, if I view the profile on the linked AMT, the hints are still there. This seems to have started sometime in the last week or two.

A tangential question...I thought hints status was also supposed to synch, but I find that hints I've ignored in FTM still show up in AMT.

Anyone else experiencing hints that go "poof"?

Re: New weird hints behavior in FTM2012

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 8:56PM GMT
Yes, it has been intermittent for me over the past 2 days. From poof to all there with no consistency.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 3:08PM GMT
Regarding your tangent question - Hint status does NOT sync. Personally, I turn off hints in FTM completely so that I don't have to deal with ignoring them twice.

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 5:11AM GMT
I work primarily in FTM, and occasionally look at hints on ancestry. At least they don't keep reappearing on FTM once I've ignored them there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions