Search for content in message boards

Wiley Melton Kendrick

Wiley Melton Kendrick

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 8:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kendrick
I am looking for information on Wiley Melton Kendrick B: 14 Aug.1821, Married MAry Ann HAncock 28 July 1843. These people were from Upson Co. Ga. Any information would be helpful.

Re: Wiley Melton Kendrick

Posted: 14 Oct 2002 10:20PM GMT
I have research some Kendrick for my step daughter this is the info I have; I hope this helps you.
Samuel Kendrick born abt. 1769 died 27 Feb.1845; in upson ,Co. GA

Samuels Children
1.Milton alexander b.1795
Lived in putnam & pike Co, GA
2.Archibald S born 1804 died before 1867 in crawford Co.Ga
3. Peyton Randolph b. 2/4/1812 died 7/22/1887 lived in Putnam, Upson, & Schley Co. Ga
4. Wiley Melton b. 8/14/1821 d. 5/4/1897 in coffee Co. al
5.Anderson H. b ? married 12/13/1831 in Columbia Co, Ga
6.Elizabeth Lucretia
7. John Married 1/10/1817 in Putnam Co. Ga d. bef. 1870?
8. Mary J
9.Melvina
10.Thomas c.

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 10:15AM GMT
I am John Kendrick the Great, Great gandson of Samuel Kendrick. Wiley by my research was my Great Grand Father Peyton Kendrick's brother. I will list a run down of my family tree as I know it.

Thomas Kendrick Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather was born in Frederick, Md. 1706

John Kendrick Great, Great, Great, Grandfather - born Prince George, Md. 1732

Samuel Kendrick Great, Great Grandfather born 1770 Frederick, Co. Md

This would be Wiley Kendrick's Father.

Peyton Kendrick my Great Grandfather born 1812

Joseph Kendrick my Grandfather born 1848

Rufus Kendrick my Father born 1905

I live in Lakeland Fl. please e-mail me for any info I can provide on Kendrick family.

John

Posted: 28 Aug 2011 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Kendrick
John,
Samuel Kendrick is my great-great-great grandfather. Wiley Milton Sr is my Great-great grandfather and Wiley Milton Jr is my Great grandfather; James Thomas is my grandfather and Howard Thomas is my father. Do you have any idea where Samuel is buried? We have searched and searched and cannot locate it. We know that Wiley Sr is buried in Pike Co, Ala about 3 miles outside Troy but do not know the name of the private cemetery; we also know that Wiley Jr is buried at Good Hope Primitive Baptist Cemetery in Upson Co GA.
Thsnk you very much,

Posted: 4 Sep 2011 2:56PM GMT
Upson Co. GA Deed Book G, pp. 168-9:
In this deed dated 17 May 1849, Archibald Kendrick administrator of the estate of Samuel Kendrick, was selling lots 283 and lot 294 in the 1st District to Davis Dawson. Included in the deed are these words "...except one fourth of an acre embracing the grave yard on Lot No. 294."

Descendants are searching for this grave site, but as far as I know, it has not been located. We do not know if this is where Samuel and Nancy Kendrick were buried, but, since it was their land, it appears likely that they were buried here.
Pat

Posted: 4 Sep 2011 5:51PM GMT
This is possibly the Horsley Cemetery on Hollis Road in Upson County. There is only one grave marker and that is a Horsley and possibly his wife and the cemetery is actually on the land once owned by Samuel. John Calvin Kendrick's Family Bible listed Nancy's death without a date and he related to me that the story handed down was that she was buried in the Kendrick Cemetery where Samuel Armstrong Kendrick (CSA, 1862) is buried. This cemetery has several unmarked graves. Samuel A was her grandson being the son of Archibald H, another son of Samueland brother of Wiley Milton Sr. This cemetery in in Crawford County Ga on Highway 80 W. Thank you for the information. We will let you know if we find out anything else about Samuel's burial site,
Derrell Kendrick

Posted: 5 Sep 2011 1:22PM GMT
Check your messages.
Cousin Pat
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions