Search for content in message boards

Patrick Matthew Cullen obit lookup please

Patrick Matthew Cullen obit lookup please

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 11:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cullen
Looking for an obit for Patrick Matthew Cullen. Born May 30, 1894. Died Jan 1, 1986 in Napoleonville. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Bev

Re: Patrick Matthew Cullen obit lookup please

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 9:09PM GMT
Hi,

I did not find an obit for Patrick Cullen in either the Baton Rouge paper or the New Orleans paper. It may have appeared in the local Napoleonville paper, "The Assumption Pioneer". As far as I know, there is no index for that paper. Maybe you could contact the paper and get help there.

Good luck,

Cheryl

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 3:51PM GMT
Thank you for checking

Bev

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 4:26PM GMT
Hi Bev,

After I had written, I remembered that it may be possible that the obit appeared in the New Orleans paper. The papers are on the Internet and I checked both Baton Rouge and New Orleans. However, though the Baton Rouge paper begins at 1/1/1986, the New Orleans paper does not begin until 1/1/1989. Therefore, though you can not check on the Internet, perhaps someone can check at a library. You may want to go to the Orleans Parish Message Board and ask for an obit lookup in "The Times Picayune". Or, you could also try the East Baton Rouge Parish Message Board. The State Library has the NO papers on microfilm.

I would look it up, but I don't have access to the newspapers on microfilm.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheryl

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 5:31PM GMT
I checked the following website which does not list an obit for Patrick Matthew Cullen in the Times Picayune, New Orleans, LA.

http://files.usgwarchives.net/la/orleans/obits/times/tpi1986...

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 9:34PM GMT
Thanks again Cheryl!

Bev

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 9:35PM GMT
Thanks for checking!

Bev
per page

Find a board about a specific topic