Search for content in message boards

Black Family in Ohio

Black Family in Ohio

Posted: 25 Jul 2000 4:16PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 20 Aug 2005 12:27PM GMT
Surnames: Boyd, Wright, Hendricks, Hahn
Peter Black (1772-1851) and Charlotte Boyd (1778-1848) had: Benoni, Kesiah, Mary, William B., Demosthenes, Charlotte, Allen, Charles, Drusilla and Israel. Allen (1811-? and Alcinda ? (1818-?) had Osias H., Margaret, John W., William M., Charles P., Arnold, Jane, Eli, Jacob and Emily. Osias (1838-1863) and Margaret Wright (1838-1917) ahd Chauncey E. Black.
Chauncey E. Black (1860-1931) and Grace Lillian Hendricks(1862-1942)had: Flora A., Carroll H., Anna Margaret M., and Verne Black. Verne Black (1892-1974) married Marie Catherine Hahn (1892-1973) and were my grandparents. All these people were born in Fairfield or Perry counties, Ohio. Many of the siblings moved to the midwest, but my branch stayed in Fairfield Co., Ohio. Am willing to share any and all information about this Black family.
Susie

Re: Black Family in Ohio -- Peter BLACK

Posted: 21 Dec 2007 7:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to know about the Peter Black descendants that are living in Ohio. Do they have Black family reunions on a regular basis?

Re: Black Family in Ohio -- Peter BLACK

Posted: 22 Dec 2007 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: Black
Sharon,
I don't know of any reunions. Contact me off list at djones2@ma.rr.com, and I'll be glad to share what I have.
Susie

Re: Black Family in Ohio -- Lucinda BLACK

Posted: 23 Dec 2007 1:48PM GMT
Surnames: Black, Wimpling
HI Susie--I have some of same names in my family. Could you please send more information on a Lucinda Black? Thanks so much, Beverly Wimpling, POB 142, Canton, PA 17724

Posted: 23 Dec 2007 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sexton
Hi,
Was this Lucinda Black married to Joseph L. Sexton?

Marilyn klrwud@dishmail.net

Posted: 24 Dec 2007 2:03PM GMT
Beverly,
I don't have a Lucinda Black in my database.
I have an Alcinda, last name unknown, who married Allen Black.
Sorry,
Susie

Re: Black Family in Ohio

Posted: 25 Dec 2007 6:39AM GMT
Do you think the last name Black has been Black, or translated from German to English?

Re: Surname Changed to BLACK

Posted: 25 Dec 2007 1:15PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Black
I am also doing the Black family, but my family (I think) came from Maryland to Southern area of York County, Pa. But I saw your question re: the Black name being changed. I did find that it was orginally Swartz and changed to Black in the late 1800's. I heard that is why it is a difficult name to research. In all the Blacks I came in contact w/on this site I can't hook up with anyone doing my family. They are mostly from Ohio and a lot down in the Southern States.
Good Luck on your research.
Fran
feck@comcast.net

Posted: 25 Dec 2007 4:01PM GMT
The Black family I'm researching, has always been Black. Peter Black lists his birthplace as France, but the general consensis is that this group is originally Irish.

Posted: 25 Dec 2007 4:04PM GMT
Fran,
There were two groups of Blacks in the Fairfild/Perry County area of Ohio. My group, descended from Peter Black, and a second group that were Irish, and if I remember right, they're pretty well documented online.
Susie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions